NGD - Saint Blues Bluescaster IV Seafoam Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Saint Blues Bluescaster IV Seafoam Green

As one that likes the quirky and unique I was perusing guitar center during their memorial day sale and I noticed a wonderful used T-style guitar. I'm a big tele nut and this one caught my eye with a strat-strat-hb pickup array and a stunning seafoam green body/matching headstock with vintage tinted maple neck/fingerboard.

I plugged it in and wow was it amazing but I'd never heard of Saint Blues or knew what they were worth.

So I found the company online and gave em a call, this one has Kent Armstrong pickups and an Alder body originally sold for about $900 picked this one up for $500 with hardshell case.

As awesome as it is stock I am thinking about asking my guitar tech to install a G&L Dual Fulcrum tremolo system in place of the hardtail bridge and possibly doing some Lollar pickups (Blackface strat neck + middle in cream with a Single Coil for humbucker in cream in the bridge).

But in any event what do you guys think? I think it's way cool and the price was right for the perfect MD splurge.

Re: NGD - Saint Blues Bluescaster IV Seafoam Green

I'm not as Tele guy so it takes an incredibly pretty one to spin my wheels. That one still leaves my tranny in "park".

But I'm a firm believer in "to each his own", and you seem to be thrilled with it, so I am ecstatically happy for you. Sounds like a pretty good deal at $500. Enjoy.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

that looks pretty sweet with that zebra HB in the bridge!
      2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
      Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
      Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Saint Blues is where it's at, just ask Eric Gales

my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

It is a nice looking tele style guitar. I don't see why you would buy that and then hack on it with a router to install a tremolo though. There are a million strats out there that do that job already.

Comment

Agree. Forget the trem...play it for what it is.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Very cool!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Sweet score man! Congrats! I had a Saint Blues Bluesmaster III, and I wish I would have never gotten rid of it.
                Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Very, very nice!

Comment

Oh man, I love that!

Comment

Nice score! I dig the colour and pickup configuration.

I would keep it hard tail, but that's because I don't like tremolos. Too finicky and they lack the sustain that hardtails have. Just my personal opinion.
                      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

yeah I'm thinking I'm going to keep it hardtail now because it'd be about $250 parts and labor and it'd basically wreck the guitar (subjectively speaking). That'd be a great down payment on a DiPinto Galaxie 4 that I've had my eyes on for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by indie folk guy View Post
                          yeah I'm thinking I'm going to keep it hardtail now because it'd be about $250 parts and labor and it'd basically wreck the guitar (subjectively speaking). That'd be a great down payment on a DiPinto Galaxie 4 that I've had my eyes on for a while.
                          For $250 you could easily pick up a used Squier Classic Vibe or perhaps even a MIM stratocaster.
                          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
                            It is a nice looking tele style guitar. I don't see why you would buy that and then hack on it with a router to install a tremolo though. There are a million strats out there that do that job already.
                            Ditto. Beautiful, and interesting guitar. I'd leave her alone. Then again, it's your axe.

Comment

St. Blues makes a nice guitar for the money. I've played a number of 'em (my buddy's store stocks SB) and they seemed pretty cool. I think what I liked is that they try to be more than just a copy of the Fenders that inspired them.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                              My Music

Comment

Working...
                              X