Here's my dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my dilemma

So yesterday was my birthday. I got a hundred dollar bill from my parents, to go toward the wah pedal I asked for. I was looking around today, and I found a really good deal on a floyded Washburn renegade. I have been prowling ebay after this guitar for some time now, with not much luck. I want the pedal really bad, but I don't know if I could justify both. What's your opinion?
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: Here's my dilemma

flip a coin? lol

how many other guitars do you have?
    2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
      flip a coin? lol

how many other guitars do you have?
      2, including a shatastic strat copy.

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
      Originally posted by CTN
      I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Come on people, I need some advice here! (*yoda voice* A annoying way of saying bump, that was)

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Personally, I'd say go for the guitar - the pedal can always be found.
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I got a hundred dollar bill from my parents, to go toward the wah pedal I asked for.
            This.
            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Depends, if you have a really cool guitar that you like (or would like as much as the new one), I'd get the wah. You can only play 1 guitar at a time, and a wah is an interesting tool to have in your rig.
              - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

The pedal will always be around. A really good deal, on a guitar you like, will not.

Gitdaguitarmang

Comment

I don't know any extremely rare once in a lifetime modern production Wah pedals, so I say go for the guitar if it's not really that common of a find.
                  Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                    floyded
                    Is that a word?
                    LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
                    Thinline W/GFS Classic II
                    Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
                    LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
                    Blackstar HT5-H.
                    Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                      Personally, I'd say go for the guitar - the pedal can always be found.
                      Yep, get the guitar.
                      LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
                      Thinline W/GFS Classic II
                      Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
                      LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
                      Blackstar HT5-H.
                      Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

Originally posted by Bfeeney View Post
                        Is that a word?
                        On the forum, yes.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Do what feels right to you.

I know for a fact that you have just rebuilt a hotrod axe. Do you need another?

Which one do you want more?

Comment

Originally posted by karpathion View Post
                            Do what feels right to you.

I know for a fact that you have just rebuilt a hotrod axe. Do you need another?

Which one do you want more?
                            No, I don't need another. But another would be very nice. Alternate tunings, different pickups etc...
                            I can afford both. I think I will just do both, and hope for the best. I might get a second job during the winter and fall anyhow. (My current job is seasonal.)

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Weepin Demon
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X