NGD...forum trade :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD...forum trade :)

you've all seen her before. courtesy of muttznmongrelz, i've acquired my first gibson...'01 LP studio plus. after playing a strat for a couple months, it's a different sound for sure. i like it. not too crazy about the stock pups (kind of muddy), but we'll see what we can do about that. pretty sure dystrust has a few duncans laying around without homes that he'd be glad to loan to me, for a special favor or two. (that's a joke, btw. ) feels good in my hands, not too heavy. i'm liking the shorter scale too.

i think she's extra pretty too, dings and all. red's a good color for me. although, if i wind up keeping her long-term, i'll probably swap out the gold hardware for nickel. she's actually been here since tuesday afternoon, and i took pix right away but wasn't entirely satisfied with them because the backdrop (my patio furniture) is also red, but whatev. haven't gotten around to taking more, so they'll have to do for now.

and dystrust snapped this one tonight...just because we know how much you all appreciate irony.

SOON, WE WILL ALL HAS A FLAVR!!1!

the definition of insanity

Re: NGD...forum trade

love that top!
    2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

I was waiting for this thread. Nothing like a good forum exchange. Definitely looks good in your hands! Congrats!

And yeah, you just made blueman's head explode with that shirt.

Comment

Awesome! Enjoy!
        - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post

We couldn't get that lucky....

Nice PJ's and happy new guitar day!
          Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post

I was waiting for this thread. Nothing like a good forum exchange. Definitely looks good in your hands! Congrats!

+1

Nice LP! Did you trade a guitar for it or ca$h?
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

So YOU'RE the one that got it!!! Haha! Just kidding... Congrats on the sweet NGD! That is a sweet LP!
              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Nice guit!!!
                Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Nice! I don't care if it's purist-approved or not: TP-6 tailpieces are just COOL. I don't know what pups are in there but if it hasn't been done already, a set of 500k pots ought to wake it right up.

Comment

Nice Studio and Congratulations. I've been using the stock Burstbucker Pro and 490R in my Studio Deluxe and haven't wanted to change them yet. They actually sound really good and are not muddy. However, my studio is not chambered. Burstbucker Pros and Seth Lovers have a lot of clarity so you might want to check those pickups out if you upgrade.

Comment

Great trade, nice axe and just luuurrrvvve the t-shirt... ;-)
                      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Glad it made it safely and that you're enjoying it. I thought it was a beauty as well, even w/the "character marks" and it did play very nicely. Thanks again!
                        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                        1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                        Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                        Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Wow! Sweet looking LP. (I've just become an LP convert myself.)

Enjoy.

Artie

Comment

Like I said before, that's an extremely nice looking studio. I'd keep the gold hardware, it has such a great "relic"/worn-in look to it.

If clarity is what you want, you gotta try the C/59 hybrid...sparkling tone.
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

But you're a girl! You can't play a man's guitar!
                              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
                              X