banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Jackson Dominion sound like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the Jackson Dominion sound like?

Based on the design, I would kinda guess that it sounds similar to a Les Paul. But if you have first hand experience, please share.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: What does the Jackson Dominion sound like?

Yeah, I was gonna say LP-ish if I had to guess.

Comment

Its close, but not 100%. The Dominion has a chambered body and neck through, which will affect the tone to a degree. The coil splits are a nice feature, adding different tones. If your shopping for one, be aware that it is not a thin Jackson type neck at all. I wouldn't say it is as fat as a '59, but it's no 60's slim taper either. I don't play mine as much as I should, as I am a slim taper guy. They are great guitars that you can play a wide variety of music with.
      Last edited by rjudo; 06-03-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

it sounds....awesome.
        requiemofashes.bandcamp.com <- long island swede style melodeath

http://lucksrevenge.bandcamp.com/ <- my old band, hardcore/southern rock mix of big riffs and screaming

owner of RocketSauce Studios...we're awesome

Ibanez Premium RG927->whole mess o'pedals->Mesa/Boogie Mark V->Mesa big ass 412=lovely death metal tones

Comment

Lamb of God???

Comment

Working...
          X