Neck Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Finish

What kind of finish do ESP/LTD/A lot of guitars have on their necks? Is it some form of clear or an oil (tung oil)?
    LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
    Thinline W/GFS Classic II
    Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
    LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
    Blackstar HT5-H.
    Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Re: Neck Finish

Anyone?
    LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
    Blackstar HT5-H.

Comment

ESP Japan has a different neck finish than LTD. The LTD finish is thicker and chalkier. It's difficult to find a duplicate for that at a hardware store or other DIY. The closest I've come is Defthane Satin Aerosol. It takes a couple days to dry. The can may say "24 hours" or whatever, but leave it for a long time.

ESP Japan and Ibanez Japan generally have a thinner, wipe-on poly. Its silkier feeling, but gets shinier more quickly under playing wear. The closest I've found to this for the DIY is General Finishes Gel Topcoat Satin wipe-on poly.
      We offer highly durable wipe-on oil-based urethane wood topcoats in liquid or gel: pre-stain conditioners, urethanes and oil & urethane combinations. We have the superior Wipe-on Oil-based Wood Top Coats in liquid or gel: pre-stain conditioners, urethanes and oil & urethane combinations. Need some inspiration? Visit the General Finishes Design Center or Pinterest Board for Oil Based Topcoat ideas.

Same thing on the dry time-longer than suggested on the can.

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking it was some kind of clear. I'm thinking about getting a raw neck and I know that the necks I have that are painted/cleared has more drag to them.
        LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
        Blackstar HT5-H.

Comment

Working...
        X