Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer FB/Scepter Fun

I shot these the other day.

Today I played the RedBird before packing it up to send to another Hamer Fan. I then played the Scepter and I feel good that I can keep one of two of Hamer's Coolest '80s guitars.

The FB is a fun guitar but as I played the Scepter with it's blocked Floyd, I was reminded of the main reason I was moving the 'Bird along.

I thought about a "Phoenix" like remake with a Hardtail placement and new Metallic Candy Apple Red finish or maybe even Trans Amber over a really nice Mahogany veneer.

Others want one of these more than I plan to ever do that, so off it goes. The Scepter Rawks the '80s Hamer vibe here enough for me.

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Re: Hamer FB/Scepter Fun

GONE ALREADY????? WHAAAA????

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
      +1

Now I'm sad.
      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I hate you.

Comment

just kidding...

no, really.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
            ditto!! had no idea you were moving it.

Looks like no filler round those gorgeous boomerangs. Plus I love that headstock..
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I like that FB. Love Hamers myself.

Comment

Put it on the Big Brown Truck to Chicago today. I did not need another Floyd guitar and I guess I will give up the dream of being comfortable with a Firebird body. That upper corner really feels huge and bugged me. Sold it to the first dibs holder on the Hamer Fan Club.
                Guitar to sound output:
                Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

God that's just epic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                    God that's just epic.
                    Indeed. I want that thing so goddamned bad I can practically taste it: paint chips and nickel silver. Mmmm.

Mr. BTMN: were some accident to befall the new owner before the guitar reached him, would it pass on to 2nd dibs, which would be me?

Comment

Ummm no.
                      Guitar to sound output:

Comment

You do know I'm kidding, right?

Comment

yep.
                          Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Good.

Because I definitely wouldn't do something awful to somebody for that guitar.

That awesome, everything-I-ever-wanted-in-a-guitar guitar.

Comment

It's a pity hamer don't make funky guitars any more. I was a big fan of some of their crazy eighties guitars, not saying I don't like what they do now and would gladly vital organs to own one, but I just love funny shpe guitars like those two beauties
                              It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Comment

Working...
                              X