No announcement yet.

Must be Fender week on the forum. NGD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be Fender week on the forum. NGD!

Disclaimer....More pics will come later. Freaking post man woke me up and the box got thumped on so I went ahead and opened it. I'll restring it and post more pix later.

2001 American Standard
    I'll get more excited when I wake up the rest of the way. Here's a small taste of some lefty goodness.

Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: Must be Fender week on the forum. NGD!

Beauty!

Comment

hell yeah!

Comment

I think it's left-hander's week myself - have all you cack-handed freaks won the lottery, or what?
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Took you awhile to get it, huh? You bought that before the gibby, no?

Looks great. Im sure you will be getting your Gilmour on now!!!
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nice one.
            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Love it! The most classic look for a Strat! Congrats!
              -
              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Oh, and yeah, it does look good. Looking forward to a few better shots.
                Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll take more pics once I actually put it down long enough to it take some! I was really apprehensive on buying it. Me+Stock Fender anything usually = Sad Face. The toothpick C shape they use kills my hand. I don't know if it's just an oddball, or the CNC needed new tools the day this neck was made, but it's got some chunk to it and I'm fine with it.

I've had it just over 24 hours and I can already say without a doubt that it's getting new pickups in very short order. It's got a set from Chandler in it at the moment and they are weak and aren't very responsive. I've got a few other mods planned for it as well. I've already got my complete vintage spec Strat, so this one will get some more "modern" appointments once it's all done.

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                  Took you awhile to get it, huh? You bought that before the gibby, no?

Looks great. Im sure you will be getting your Gilmour on now!!!
                  Yeah. I started the deal on this one about a week before I ordered the Studio. We exchanged quite a few PM's getting all the minute details worked out. Then, he was on vacation when the money order came in and he shipped it parcel post. So yeah, it took a bit, but it was worth it.
                  Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Working...
                  X