Hamer monaco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer monaco?

They have fat necks? the tone and playability Lespaulish?
    Any other tid bits???
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Hamer monaco?

Start here and then find one or three.

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

No questions needed. Just buy one.

I thought you said you were broke in the explorer thread?

Neck is like a r9/50s production. Not huge, but has some meat.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

the hamer monaco elite is the les paul thing and they are AWESOME!! the only guitar im lusting after and have been for quite some time.

Comment

Although I've never played and R9, I'll echo what JeffB said. Just the right amount of thickness but still thin enough to be nice and comfortable.

Comment

They have a 25.5 scale, so the playability will be a bit different than an LP.
            - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
            Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
            The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              the hamer monaco elite is the les paul thing and they are AWESOME!! the only guitar im lusting after and have been for quite some time.
              I had one of the bare-bones all-mahogany models for a short time several years ago. The Monaco Elite Mahogany, I think it was called. Really cool guitar. I remember the neck was pretty beastly on it. I'd overextended myself in its purchase and had to unload it, but if not for that, I'd probably still have it.

My one gripe about it were the looks. Mine was cherry stain. On a guitar that large, solid cherry stain everywhere, no pickguard, and no binding made for one homogenous-looking instrument. The black finish on the same model is a much more attractive instrument.

I've wanted one of the full-on Monaco Elites for a long time.
              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Hamer guitars are pretty sweeet.
                Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                  They have a 25.5 scale, so the playability will be a bit different than an LP.
                  The Monaco (semi-hollow) model is 25.5" scale, yes.

The Monaco Elite (solid, LP-type) model is 24.75".
                  -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post

right. i like the monaco as well but if you want an lp style guitar then get the monaco elite. basically a three knob les paul made by hamer.

ive played a bunch of these now, matt smith has had a few that ive been able to play and in mu search for an elite i played everything i could get my hands on.

Comment

Ah. I was going by the first model on the page up there.
                      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

The short answer is that Hamer USA guitars are totally badass and any one that you find, regardless of when it was made, is probably a better guitar than 99% of what is out there.

I really don't think that's exaggeration, either.
                        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I got into Les Pauls a few years ago, but I've never given up my Hamer gas. The Monaco is nice, but my choice would be for either a Custom Artist or a Custom Studio in a '59 burst finish. (Or BOTH!) I love that body shape!

Good luck!

Bill
                          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

The short answer is that Hamer USA guitars are totally badass and any one that you find, regardless of when it was made, is probably a better guitar than 99% of what is out there.

I really don't think that's exaggeration, either.
                            i fully support this statement

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                              No questions needed. Just buy one.

I thought you said you were broke in the explorer thread?

Neck is like a r9/50s production. Not huge, but has some meat.
                              Im broke as he!! bro.. Notice my thread didnt say, please help me spend $3k? Im just getting ideas in case I have some dough left after I sell the mess of stuff I have to move and for the future.. The black flame top Monacos have caught my eye and Im not pleased with brand G..

Thanks for the input!
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X