Can any Hamer be ordered left handed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any Hamer be ordered left handed?

I've looked all over their site and haven't seen anything on it. Looking at the current design galleries, they are still doing lefty's, but nothing says which models can be ordered.

I ask because if the big G doesn't offer a lefty Explorer in the next year or so, I'm going to go to Hamer and get a Standard instead. Probably follow suit with a Vector after that.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: Can any Hamer be ordered left handed?

Hamer is a custom order only company now. Yes you can order a lefty in both models. Expensive but worth it.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

http://www.southpawguitars.com/hamer.html
      LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
      Thinline W/GFS Classic II
      Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
      LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
      Blackstar HT5-H.
      Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
        Hamer is a custom order only company now. Yes you can order a lefty in both models. Expensive but worth it.
        I emailed for 2 quotes last night and called a semi local dealer this morning. Now mind you, the only thing I wanted outside of the standard specs on the website was a trans black finish. I think there's up charge for a lefty order and there might be an up charge for the "custom" color but wow! At this point, I'm really hoping Gibson offers a lefty next year.

1st quote was off the effing charts. Like $4600 off the charts. Not as high as a PRS or Gibson custom shop by a long shot, but dam. That had to be full MSRP they quoted me cuz the other 2 were not nearly as bad.

Quote #2 was $3,500 flat. This was the second online dealer.

Quote #3 was the semi local guy and he had the best deal at $3177. That included sales tax.

The downside is, all 3 said the current wait time is about a year. I swore I'd never pay that much for a guitar, but if that's the only way I'm going to get a quality Explorer type guitar, then I don't have any other choice, so....If Gibson doesn't announce a lefty 80's tribute explorer at Winter NAMM or shortly there after like they did with the 70's tributes, then I'll pay the starting deposit and start the wait.

I looked all over southpaw last night and missed those somehow. Those would be awesome, but I hate cherry sunburst on anything. Thanks for posting them up though!

Comment

I paid 2200 for mine in a custom color in 2005. Id say considering inflation And lefty status 3gs is about right. Really sucks how the FMIC buyout has affected Hamer. Buut the guitars are worth the price and wait, if its a lifetime type purchase.

There is also Dean, but based on my custom shop ML that was US masters built, you get alot more for your buck with Hamer. Dont know if that is still true since Dean started building in house.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
            I paid 2200 for mine in a custom color in 2005. Id say considering inflation And lefty status 3gs is about right. Really sucks how the FMIC buyout has affected Hamer. Buut the guitars are worth the price and wait, if its a lifetime type purchase.

There is also Dean, but based on my custom shop ML that was US masters built, you get alot more for your buck with Hamer. Dont know if that is still true since Dean started building in house.
            I'm really, REALLY hoping Gibson decides to do a lefty Explorer. They've done them in the past, but you can't even order a custom shop lefty Explorer from them now. They've been selling a ton of lefty's lately and an 80's tribute lineup should be coming next year. V's and Explorers were pretty prominent in the 80's so, fingers crossed.

I've liked every Hamer I've had the opportunity to play. Even the import SATF's. The price tag scares me though. I swore I'd never pay more than $2k for a guitar and I've done pretty good to stand by that. The thing that scares me the most is, I know me better than anybody. If I can talk myself into a $3000+ guitar once, I'll do it again once I have the Hamer in my hands. That's not a road I want to go down. Some could argue quality over quantity, but I don't buy a lot of "cheap" gear to begin with.

If I do it, it will be a life purchase unless I have to absolutely unload it in an emergency. If I start off buying a guitar with even a hint of resale in my mind, I tend to do just that. Now I go for exactly what I want without compromise and I wouldn't think of selling any of the main 4 I have now.

Comment

It's certainly a scary thing, for sure, to be looking at a build time like that with a price that high, but if it's what you want, it's worth it. I am something of a Gibson fanboy but they don't build them in the same league as Hamer. Not at twice the price. IMHO, the only affect the FMIC buyout has had on Hamer is positive: they don't have to sell the imports to keep afloat and since Jol left, they'll build anything you want...for a price. He used to just shoot random custom orders down because it didn't fit with the image of the brand.

Comment

You will not be disappointed. Try Funky Munky Music in Olathe, Kansas, http://www.rocketeria.biz/ and BCRMusic in Lemoyne, Pa.

Dave from Rocketeria is really cool as are the others but I like Dave cause we kinda alike.
                Guitar to sound output:
                Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                  You will not be disappointed. Try Funky Munky Music in Olathe, Kansas, http://www.rocketeria.biz/ and BCRMusic in Lemoyne, Pa.

Dave from Rocketeria is really cool as are the others but I like Dave cause we kinda alike.
                  Thanks! I'll bookmark those sites and check them out. I'm not doing anything until after winter NAMM though. It's only 6 months away and I'm still paying off my LP studio I just bought. Oh yeah, the wife would irate if I spent another $3k on a guitar after just buying the LP and an American Strat.

Comment

Would you be interested in a Dave Mustaine Angel Of Deth V lefty brand new for about $800 that I saw today? it has a 1/2 inch finish flw that makes this $1200 guitar $800.

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Not even remotely lol! But thanks for looking out! There is probably only 1 signature guitar I will ever own and that will be a Dean Dime From Hell. I'm just not big on signature stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X