Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schecter Blackjack SLS

Originally posted by b_flat View Post
    I will tell you now that you will love it. I read a lot of reviews about the full shred online whilr deciding if I wanted one. A lot of the reviews said it was a one trick pony. Of course this is subjective, but I disagree. I have been able to get all the sound I want from it. With the volume all the way up on the guitar, it has an awesome metal/ thrash sound. Notes really stand out with it. Unlike invaders which I find often drown out certain notes, every lick stands well on its own. Even tho I have the fr, the sustain is pretty amazing with it. The string thru of the avenger model will be even better. You will be pleased.

I have pretty much left my amp settings alone (ie distortion at 10) and when I want to switch to say maybe a more Creedence sound, I just drop the guitars volume and up the master vol on my amp a bit. Its a good pickup. Very versatile, even more so if I mess w my amp...but I like where it is at. I would def say it is not a one trick pony pickup. You will like it.

And yes, the inlay looks a lot better in person. But so does the satin finish. The guitar is simply beautiful and plays like a dream
    Oh boy! awesome news! I heard it was a bright guitar, so I thought the FS might be a strange pup choice, but you have changed my mind about that. I am now going to contact my nearest Schecter dealer and beg them to get a SLS Avenger in so I can try it!
    LtKojak, on the theory of having too many guitars...

Also, I'd like to remind you that the very concept of having "too many guitars" just doesn't exist. It's been selfishly created by parents and/or girlfriends/wives to lure you to stay away of your passions just to have more of YOUR money and YOUR time at THEIR disposal!

Comment

Working...
    X