LTD to Gibson...help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD to Gibson...help!!

i know...it seems a little weird...but i want my ltd ex400 to look as close as possible to the gibson x-plorer pro model...

here is the axe

and here the gibson model

so iīm going to change the hardware including bridge,pots/switch and tunning machines (not very sure about pup mounting rings)...

about the bridge, the first thing i thought was...tonepros...but thereīs my question...the construction of all this kind of standard bridges is running thru the same patent? (i ask this cause i donīt know if i can order it being sure that the width of both bridges is the same....i donīt want to touch anything relative to wood...only hardware)

the tunning machines...well i will order the same ones (grover) in chrome...
    the pup mounting rings...i think i can ask ltd for the same ones in chrome also, but about the pots and pup switch...that ones that "wears" the gibson are exclusive to gibson guitars? what do you think?

so, thanks a lot guys...have a nice day
    Last edited by WaR HeaD; 12-24-2004, 06:36 PM.

Re: LTD to Gibson...help!!

I agree with you, it is a little weird...
    But I think you've got a nice job on your hands, everything you said sounds ok to me... You will probably have to get knobs and switch stuff from gibson, but that stuff is pretty easy to come by, you might check eBay.
    Rock On
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

LTD to Gibson. This is sure to piss off the gibson guys but, that's a mighty big downgrade. My ESP LTD the EC-1000 has far superior electronics, hardware, finish, than any les paul I've ever picked up. I think it's just a better guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
        LTD to Gibson. This is sure to piss off the gibson guys but, that's a mighty big downgrade. My ESP LTD the EC-1000 has far superior electronics, hardware, finish, than any les paul I've ever picked up. I think it's just a better guitar.
        Xeromus, I'll back you up before the Gibson guys come in.
        The EC-1000 has some nice features like locking tuners that gibsons don't usually come with. Gibson is a more of a vintage guitar company, so ESP has some newer type ideas that are fun.

If you want your ESP to be a Gibson... It'll never be perfect, but if you're just going for looks, I say, Rock On
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
          Xeromus, I'll back you up before the Gibson guys come in.
          The EC-1000 has some nice features like locking tuners that gibsons don't usually come with. Gibson is a more of a vintage guitar company, so ESP has some newer type ideas that are fun.

If you want your ESP to be a Gibson... It'll never be perfect, but if you're just going for looks, I say, Rock On
          thanks man, but lets get technical:

tuners: Locking sperzel vs. plastic crap

Bridge: tonepros locking vs. standard tune-o-matic that needs readjustment every time you change strings.

pickups: Seymour Duncan vs. mediocre gibsons

finish: not sloppy vs. sloppy

fancy stuff: abalone binding + fret inlays, flame top or quilt finish vs. none unless you pay over $3k

nut: earvana compensating nut vs. the cheapest material on hand

I figured I'd at least make a basis for argument/comparison.

I'm not a Gibson hater, I've love a nice les paul. But the problem is, getting a nice les paul without breaking the bank is impossible. So I'll stick with cheaper guitars that are 3 times the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
            +1...LTD deluxe guitars are pretty awesome axes (i love the mh1000 black model)...but mine is a standard 400 series...not the same construction nor specs....thats why iīm going to put there some pro hardware...and go for the looks of the gibby

so, iīll have no problem with the bridge issues, right?

Comment

LTD may have cooler stuff, but the Deluxe series sports that ugly-as-hell binding.
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I've always said since I started playing guitar that if i wanted a Les Paul or an SG or anything like that, i'd most likely get an ESP LTD. 'cuz if I'm getting an LP anyway, i may as well get the cheap one with all the stuff I want on it

-X
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

what are the necks generally like on ESPs? as in wide/thin/fat/flat etc

i love a baseball bat neck, but i like pointy geetars too got a bit of cash around after today's proceedings heh

tom

Comment

man.. change that gibson headstock a little (angle it like the lower left wing of the axe) and i'm all over it.. it looks like it has a trans black top. ****ing sweet! i'm in love LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X