stringing 12 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stringing 12 string

so... should the thicker string be "above" the thinner one? or the opposite...
    thanks in advance,
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: stringing 12 string

you can do it either way...what kind of 12 string is it?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Generally speaking, when held in the playing position, the thinner string is above the thicker. I believe Rickenbackers are the opposite. The best thing to do is to look at the nut - the slots for the octave strings will obviously be a lot thinner.

Comment

However you prefer, but in my experience in about 80-90% of the cases the octave (thinner) string is above the thicker one. I assume because itīs generally easier to strum that way and hit all the strings without compensating for height. Difference is minimal, though
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
          However you prefer, but in my experience in about 80-90% of the cases the octave (thinner) string is above the thicker one. I assume because itīs generally easier to strum that way and hit all the strings without compensating for height. Difference is minimal, though
          That's my experience also.
          If in doubt, you should be able to tell by looking at the nut. The slots should be cut a little wider and deeper to accommodate the larger strings.
          THE LOST ART OF BEING STOIC
          1. Quit your whining.
          2. Quit your crying.
          3. Suck it up.
          If in doubt, ask yourself: What would Clint do?

Comment

Working...
          X