I'm going to go nuts with this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to go nuts with this one.

It's been awhile since I've assembled anything from parts. I've had this little guy tucked away for awhile now. I don't currently have anything with a Floyd on it. I think it's time to do something with it.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: I'm going to go nuts with this one.

I'm already onboard for this!

What kinda body is that? Plans?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
      I'm already onboard for this!

What kinda body is that? Plans?

It's a late 80's Kramer Pacer Imperial body. They were from the American series guitars, but all the bodies and necks from that time era were made by ESP. It's a 1 piece Alder body IIRC, which is kind of rare on it's own.

I'd really like to do a reverse pointed ESP style neck on it if I can wrangle an outline. If not, I'll choose between a Jackson or Kramer style headstock. Neck will most definitely be Maple with an Ebony board. Undecided on inlays at the moment.

Original Floyd of course. It's also going to have a big ol nasty brass block and trem stop to keep it from floating. The recess on it isn't really deep enough for big pull ups anyway.

Pickups. Those are going to be a secret between MJ and I

I'm still in the planning stages, but I'm getting really pumped about doing it. So it's going to happen. I've had this body for at least 5 years. It's time it came to life so to sprecken.

Comment

I'm stoked for ya, man! Gonna be one sweet guitar.

Comment

I'm even going to pimp my Floyd out as much as I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
            It's a late 80's Kramer Pacer Imperial body. They were from the American series guitars, but all the bodies and necks from that time era were made by ESP. It's a 1 piece Alder body IIRC, which is kind of rare on it's own.

I'd really like to do a reverse pointed ESP style neck on it if I can wrangle an outline. If not, I'll choose between a Jackson or Kramer style headstock. Neck will most definitely be Maple with an Ebony board. Undecided on inlays at the moment.

Original Floyd of course. It's also going to have a big ol nasty brass block and trem stop to keep it from floating. The recess on it isn't really deep enough for big pull ups anyway.

Pickups. Those are going to be a secret between MJ and I

I'm still in the planning stages, but I'm getting really pumped about doing it. So it's going to happen. I've had this body for at least 5 years. It's time it came to life so to sprecken.
            Most definitley going to be a BAD MUTHA with what you're laying out above!!! And you were right, it would have been AWESOME w/that Kramer Lefty Fully Bound Maple Board! I'm sure you'll find a killer neck for it. Will be watching this one.
            Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 07-02-2012, 11:36 AM.
            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
            1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
            1988 Kramer Nightswan
            1989 Charvel Sambora
            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
            Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
            Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Is that pic B&W? Are you trying to deceive us with the color?

Comment

Working...
              X