Vintage Top Hole Tuners For Les Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Top Hole Tuners For Les Paul?

You know those tuners that Fender puts on their vintage series strats, the ones where you put in the slotted holes on top and then wrap around? Those things are great and stay in tune nicely. Well, is something like that available for Les Pauls?

Re: Vintage Top Hole Tuners For Les Paul?

They're Kluson clones. They are decent tuners, as you said. But whether the string goes down the middle or goes through the post doesn't matter. Just get Kluson repros. The kind with the stamped covers, not the blocky looking cast covers that you see on many Gibsons (which are terrible tuners IME).

I don't think I've ever seen 3L/3R Klusons with keystones and the hole down the middle of the post. If you have to have them with the string down the middle, then you can probably custom order them from Gotoh in 3L/3R configuration with keystone buttons.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I think I found some here

guitar tuners, tuners, tuning keys, machine heads, gibson, fender, gotoh, gotoh se700, gotoh sg301, gotoh sd90, gotoh sd91,

Comment

What kind of tuners are on your LP now?
        You might need some conversion bushings if you have the bigger grover style tuners. Stew Mac sells the bushings.

Comment

Check out guitar fetish. They might have them (they also have the conversion bushing, probably less expensive too). I also really like those vintage Fender tuners, but if you can't find them, you can get good locking tuners from GF for cheap.
          Last edited by Myaccount876; 07-02-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I don't know if I want to actually swap my stock Les Paul tuners out, but I really like the Fender vintage tuners. I'm considering putting those slotted vintage post hole tuners on all of my American standard strats.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
              I don't know if I want to actually swap my stock Les Paul tuners out, but I really like the Fender vintage tuners. I'm considering putting those slotted vintage post hole tuners on all of my American standard strats.
              Where are you finding 3L/3R slot-post tuners?
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                Check out guitar fetish. They might have them (they also have the conversion bushing, probably less expensive too). I also really like those vintage Fender tuners, but if you can't find them, you can get good locking tuners from GF for cheap.
                Have you actually used them? I recently bought a partscaster Tele with GFS locking tuners and they're beyond awful. I don't see how anyone would buy them after having used any decent locking tuner. As soon as I can find a set of Gotoh SG38s, I'll be much happier.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have the Schaller ST6NI Kluson copies on my Goldtop. They're the best version of the vintage style. They're smooth and basically perfect.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                  X