Who parent company makes the best import brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who parent company makes the best import brand

Gibson has epiphone. Fender has their Mexican line. ESP has ltd. PRS has their SE line. Music man has Sterling. Ibanez has everything not made in Japan. Jackson, Schecter, Dean, Hamer all make USA models but also sell imports. Now obviously within all the import lines, there are high and low end, but as an overall blanket statement, who does everyone feel makes the most consistent quality of imports?

Re: Who parent company makes the best import brand

Schecter, Fender mim/squier, and PRS SE. Just dont see as much wonk. Dean used to be pretty good, but Ive seen some real garbage in recent years in the import lineup.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Those Czech Deans are really nice... Ibanez is pretty consistent and good.... The Squier Classic Vibe series is really great..............
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Squier is really on the game right now with a lot of cool offerings!
        Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

PRS.

Like I was just telling AJ, PRS does have a $1000 American quality line. It's just that they cost $500 and are made in Korea
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Fender's Mexican reissue models (not the standards) are nice, much nicer than most imports. Of course their Japanese imports are good, too.

To me all those Korean-made things feel way too similar to each other. If you'd force me to use one I'd go with the Schecter. No way I ever touch an imported Hamer again.
            Last edited by uOpt; 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM. Reason: nice typo

Comment

The older Korean made LTD's were really, really good. Even the low end models. Then they shipped production elsewhere, twice, and those guitars are more reflective of their pricing.

The higher end LTD's are still MIK and are still pretty good, but the value isn't the same as it used to be.

I've noticed the same thing as uOpt, a lot of the MIK stuff is very similar across brands, I'm pretty sure they're made in the same factories, Samick/Schecter/Cort etc.

Comment

G&L, with their Tribute line.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
                  No way I ever touch an important Hamer again.
                  sig'd
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

G&L Tribute series holds its own against anything Fender USA makes.

PRS SE line is excellent too, as others have said.

I'm a huge fan of the MIJ Fender product, especially the 80's made stuff. I have yet to play a MIJ Fender that I didn't consider to be an excellent guitar.

Also on the Fender side of things, the Squier Classic Vibe series is really excellent for the money.

I've also noticed a big increase in quality from Epiphone in the past few years. I think their Chinese plant is fully capable of making a great guitar now. I actually have an Epi NGD coming soon ...

Here's the thing: import quality CAN be just as good as domestic. It's all about what the brand owner wants. If they want a great guitar, and are willing to pay for it, the overseas manufacturer will build them a great guitar. If they want cheap crap, they'll get cheap crap.
                    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I've been really impressed with the Schecters over $800 or so, especially the Loomis sig and the ATX line. I think their cheaper guitars suffer from substandard woods, so they can be a bit of a crapshoot to find one not made of some old Malaysian dude's door. But I have a Garza sig and an ATX 8 that are very well made, and sound quite good.
                      www.reverbnation.com/TSID

www.youtube.com/user/teebalicious

http://www.soundcloud.com/teebes/

Comment

Hamer's old Koreans were pretty damn nice.

Comment

LTD, without a doubt.
                          -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                          I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

I was a PRS fanboi for a long time but today I'd take a Sterling over a PRS SE.
                            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                            My Music

Comment

I'm just going to say PRS.
                              My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                              The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                              Originally posted by CTN
                              I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                              FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Working...
                              X