Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quilted Rybeena Burst

Hi Guys,
    just some pix of my latest build for a guy up Weipa way..
    magnetic covers on everything including the truss rod cover which is inset, Brierleys of course !!!
    one piece top of quilt, pretty hard to find a piece in that width, wilkinson trem, having a maglok stabiliser fitted, and the new reverse headstock.
    As of 2012 all my headstocks are going to be reverse, so for you guys that have the original headstocks, the value has just gone through the roof, as no more will be built without a reverse stock
    Cheers Boyos
    Pete

www.crossleyguitars.com

Re: Quilted Rybeena Burst

Thats really really hmm I am lost for words... nice. I like the neck joint no heal.
    Last edited by Jocelyn; 07-04-2012, 01:09 AM.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Daaaayuuuummmmm! Thats a sweet piece
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Magnetic covers! Brilliant!
        -=The Dali
        --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Having visited Pete's place on Monday, I saw this beauty (and some others ) hanging and drying, and she's a nice one, no doubt. Pete, I think you need to trademark the Rybeena Burst .

Despite being maple and mahogany, Pete's guitars are quite light: you get the tone without the back breaking weight.

1000 posts, woo!
          Originally posted by dominus
          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

sexy sexy

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm *slurp*

Comment

Looks like a great guitar but I find that finish to be quite ugly
                Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Is it the photo that makes it look like you have a really big hand or is it a half size guitar ?
                  sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                  - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

That's pretty effing awesome, man! I'd love to rock out on that!

Comment

Bonerville! (population: me and this axe)
                      Last edited by DankStar; 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                        Is it the photo that makes it look like you have a really big hand or is it a half size guitar ?
                        yeah tiny guitar huh!!!!

no I think its the weirdo focal depth thingummy bob whatsit dial on the camera thingy

note use of techo photo speak..
                        www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

What I really like about your guitars is that just by looking at them, I want one, but for all the reasons a player wants a guitar beyond just looks. It just seems like such a solid instrument, with the player and his needs considered in all the details. I admire your work.
                          - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Cool machine!!
                            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                            Guitar to sound output:
                            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Peter, I've seen a lot of your work and I have to say that you are one of the finest craftsmen (in any art or area) I have ever seen. Your attention to detail, even in the little things, is incredible (like the unique and unboring shape of the truss rod cover).

I love the magnetic covers. Makes for a VERY clean custom look. I also love how you design the headstock so the strings go straight across the nut to reduce friction and improve tuning stability.

I wholeheartedly agree with what phil 104 said: when I look at one of your guitars I WANT it. Both for the artwork that it is and for the player that it looks to be.

Very nice!!!

So when are you planing on moving up here to the states?

Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X