G-major And FCB1010 Midi Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-major And FCB1010 Midi Programming

Hey guys, I understand how to do program changes and such with the g-major and behringer fcb1010, but can someone tell me how to do parameter changes using cc commands? Also, On buttons 1-5 on the fcb1010, how do you signal a program change, one of the 1/4" switches, and cc command(using one of hte expression pedals)? I got the switch and the program change, but cant get the cc command to work at the same time as well...

EDIT: ok, i figured out how to do parameter changes and how to get a switch, a program change, and cc command at the same time, but can i have both expression pedals controlling different parameters at the same time? how? How can i make a volume control out of one of the expression pedals? On the g-major, how do you control an effect preset's output volume? THANKS
    Last edited by HolyDirt; 12-25-2004, 11:24 PM.

Re: G-major And FCB1010 Midi Programming

oh ya, bump

Comment

join the FCB yahoo group, they have an extensive FAQ, lots of helpful people, and best of all, a *software editor!* Lots of info there about it working wit ha G Major too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
        join the FCB yahoo group, they have an extensive FAQ, lots of helpful people, and best of all, a *software editor!* Lots of info there about it working wit ha G Major too.
        I am . That helped me figure out the other stuff, but i still cant get this... oh, and my soundcard doesnt have a midi output, so i cant use the software

Comment

Does it have a joystick port? You can buy a midi interface- also, you can get a USB midi interface as well. Certainly worth it to program this pedal.
          I don't have a GMajor, but usually volume is controlled by CC #7..assign the pedal to the same channel as the Gmajor, then assign it to control CC #7.
          Make sure both pedals are calibrated and you have the latest firmware.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

There is an "Access All" button just to the left of the G Majors display. This is where you find the output for any selected patch. The G Major is set at the factory for -6 db for each patch selected, allowing you to use a CC for lead boosts.

There is also a midi/utility button on the G Major. This is where you will find the program mapping and other midi parameters for program and CC changes.

Good luck. The G Major manual is a fairly easy read, the Berringer manual takes a bit more effort.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

thanks guys, that did it!!! I picked this up WAY faster than i thought i would. By the way, the g-major and fcb1010 are a match made in heaven! thanks again! I'M GONNA GO JAM!

Comment

Working...
              X