Best wah for under 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wah for under 150

I'm looking at a few wahs a friend recommended dunlop mxr mc404 custom electronic, another the fulltone, what are you guys really digging right now for clean wah sound? I play jazz and fusion type stuff, mostly clean, so a wah that sounds good with a clean neck humbucker is what im out to get (so all you LP+ wah users chime in!)

Shoot dem opinions!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys have been mad on point! Ballpark price 120-170!
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: Best wah for under 150

Wilson Signature Wah is $155 and the Wilson 6Position Q Wah is $175, both of those are great Wahs, the Signature is a Clyde clone and the Q wah is more tweakable.

There is a V846HW listed here for $100...if I didn't have 4 wahs right now I'd snap it up my self!

Those are my votes
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

BBE Wah

Last edited by 9unslin9er; 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM.
      AccountKiller

Comment

I fell in love with the Dunlop Jerry Cantrell wah, but i think it is closer to $160.00.

The darker voicing is probably not for everyone.
        Guthrie Govan is also a fan of this wah and uses it live !
        Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz; 07-04-2012, 12:46 PM. Reason: . . . added link !
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          Wilson Signature Wah is $155 and the Wilson 6Position Q Wah is $175, both of those are great Wahs, the Signature is a Clyde clone and the Q wah is more tweakable.

There is a V846HW listed here for $100...if I didn't have 4 wahs right now I'd snap it up my self!

Those are my votes
          That HW Vox looks really cool on the inside...I've not listened to any clips of it yet,but I'd bet it sounds good...?
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Dunlop crybaby with the variable knob on the side.
            Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
            you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092 View Post
              I'm looking at a few wahs a friend recommended dunlop mxr mc404
              yep. The MXR/CAE. dont forget there are 3 internal trimmers just to dial in in perfectly for your setup also so it works great with humbuckers and clean tones.
              Last edited by Chickenwings; 07-04-2012, 07:01 PM.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                That HW Vox looks really cool on the inside...I've not listened to any clips of it yet,but I'd bet it sounds good...?
                I like the clips of it and am thinking hard about picking one up (like I need another wah) but you and I seem to differ on what makes a wah good so I'm not sure you'd really be into it.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                  I like the clips of it and am thinking hard about picking one up (like I need another wah) but you and I seem to differ on what makes a wah good so I'm not sure you'd really be into it.
                  I'd buy the HW 846 and probably mod the damn thing! ;o) I love my 847 actually and I've been using this same wah now since 93...At one point I also had 3 wahs...Just down to the one now...I don't use the wah all that much really..
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

sorry for the slight off-topic, but have either of you (TGWIF and STRATDELUXER97) got any clips of the Vox handwired wah you can link to?? I recently saw it at the local shop and it looks incredible....not had a chance to try it out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                      sorry for the slight off-topic, but have either of you (TGWIF and STRATDELUXER97) got any clips of the Vox handwired wah you can link to?? I recently saw it at the local shop and it looks incredible....not had a chance to try it out yet.
                      Have you looked on YouTube? I may have seen a clip on there...If not maybe Christian can hook us up...I love the way they did the HW board and the way the components look inside that wah...Maybe I'd buy it to look at instead of playing through it... ;o)

Comment

Still looking...

Comment

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 07-05-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Best Wah for under $150? Dunlop Original Crybaby hands down. It does everything a crybaby should...just turn it on and work your foot. No knobs, no extra bells and whistles. If you want something with a little more versatility or tweak-ability, I prefer the Moreley line up then. I like the easy to access switch that is not under the pedal.
                            Originally posted by grumptruck
                            I always think of man bulge
                            "How 'bout are you willin' to make the commitment, wakin' up, goin' okay, it's gig time, what t-shirt am I gonna wear?"-Tenacious D

Comment

Working...
                            X