No announcement yet.

plexi style clean tone, what combo amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plexi style clean tone, what combo amp?

but it is more agressive that a real Plexi
    That would depend on what plexi that is, they too changed somewhat over the few years they where made.
    The earliest JMP's where just like the last plexi's, just had a metalfront instead.
    And the reissues plays sweet, and does not break up before it is played multo loud

Comment

How about "plexi-ish"?

The Fender 59 Bassma RI will do it, but with 4 10" speakers. If I redcall, they also made a 2x12 version called the Bassbreaker.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        That would depend on what plexi that is, they too changed somewhat over the few years they where made.
        The earliest JMP's where just like the last plexi's, just had a metalfront instead.
        And the reissues plays sweet, and does not break up before it is played multo loud

Thats true...the first few years of the JMP amps they were plexi circuts with a metal face, by 72 that began to change and the amps became much more agressive...the 1987X is closest to a 74 or so JMP head...but you are right they do sound quite nice...also Benjy_26 is right "Plexi'ish" that could be a 59 bassman or the Bassbreaker which is a 59 bassman with 2x12's...also I suggested to flank that he look in to a Sovtek Mig 100.,..these amps are very plexi'ish and for the money are damn hard to beat!!!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
        X