I got my new PRS hollowbody a friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my new PRS hollowbody a friend.

Didn't want my PRS JA-15 getting lonley so I got her some company.
    I have never seen a top like this on a non-private stock prs. I also like the hollowboy IIs' smaller body. This thing sounded awesome through a fender blues deluxe at guitar center. I am gonna give it a thorough workout tomorrow when I can give it some volume without making my nieghbors want to kill me.
    Attached Files
    Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
    CHRIST

Re: I got my new PRS hollowbody a friend.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

I have been playing this thing unplugged and I am just floored with it!!! Played acoustic it just sparkels and sings at the same time. It has some similarity in tone to my JA-15 but they are different enough to keep things interesting. It came with 11s' which I am not used to anymore but as wonderful as this thing sounds I will get used to 11s' again. I have a set of D'addario flat wounds to try on the JA-15, I think I want to try some on this on as well. I am in tonal heavan and I haven't heard it through my amp yet.

Whats funny is both of these guitars were in Michigan Guitar Centers. One was in Canton, the other in Grand Rapids.

I have named the JA-15 "Big Red" and this one I've named "Purple Passion". I am sold on PRS!!! Now All I need is a Artist top SC 58 and really I think Purple will fill that niche rather nicely as well.
      Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

CHRIST

Comment

That looks incredible...
        Originally posted by Aceman
        In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Comment

DAYUMM!!!

...that's all I got.

Comment

What are the jacks on that jackplate?
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              What are the jacks on that jackplate?
              It has a peizo bridge. You can run the piezo and magnetics separeate or mix them.

CHRIST

Comment

Damn, dude, you don't screw around when it comes to new guitars, do you?
                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

She's gorgeous.

Comment

Wow drop-dead killinq color! The PRS Hollowbody guitars are some of the best out there. Always loved them. If that thing sounds half as good plugged in as it looks, you have it made!
                    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
                    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
                    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
                    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
                    - Tungsten Buckwheat
                    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
                    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
                    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Simply gorgeous man!
                      Originally posted by grumptruck
                      I always think of man bulge
                      "How 'bout are you willin' to make the commitment, wakin' up, goin' okay, it's gig time, what t-shirt am I gonna wear?"-Tenacious D

Comment

That is seriously one of the best looking guitars I have ever seen. And the fact that it's dyed PINK of all things makes it even cooler.

Happy NGD!

Comment

Looking up what a JA-15 was, I found this awesome song - does anyone know what song this is, or is it just improv?

GOTTA LEARN IT!!!

Superb quality jazzer demoed by Rob Harris.PRS say - The result of a collaboration between Paul Reed Smith and Paul Jackson, Jr., the JA-15 was originally de...
                          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Holy Moley... another stunning purple flame! Congrats on one of the most beautiful guitars I've laid my eyes on.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                              Damn, dude, you don't screw around when it comes to new guitars, do you?
                              Not at all. I spent some time seeking this one out. I am one picky individual. I am into asthetics as much as tone and playability. I am not an individual who ooos and aaahs over any piece of flame or quilted maple. I like "stunning" figure. I have never seen anything this figured before other than in pics. to see this on a non-private stock instument and to be able to aquire it before someone else snatched it up is a blessing. I traded in my epi les paul and a strat for this one. I would say the 2 PRS hollowbodies are the most wonderfull guitars I have ever owned.

CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                              X