Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest Clamps For Attaching Strat Neck

Originally posted by Bfeeney View Post
    Home Depot has a great selection of C clamps.
    thanks. just a regular old C clamp, eh ? is there any particular width that the surface plates that would touch back of the neck pocket and top of the fretboard should be ?

and any thoughts on what type of padding i should use to protect the neck and frets ? it seems that sufficient pressure to hold the neck tight enough would bend the frets and/or crunch the fretboard. seems like a very dangerous endeavor to undertake.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
      If it's for neck placement, I recommend Bessey clamps, but have done just fine with Irwin Quick Grips. Those Irwin Quick Grips are a thing of beauty.
      thanks so much. i'm looking into them now. the Bessey's seem pretty expensive. the Irwin's price is better. is there a particular model of each that you prefer ?

and any thoughts on what type of padding i should use to protect the neck and frets ? it seems that sufficient pressure to hold the neck tight enough would bend the frets and/or crunch the fretboard. seems like a very dangerous endeavor to undertake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
        HA! The clamps!!!
        LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
        Thinline W/GFS Classic II
        Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
        LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
        Blackstar HT5-H.
        Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

I doubt you'll need to tighten the clamps enough to actually do any damage. Also, I've had strats with neck pockets tight enough that I could pick the body up and have the neck stay in place with no screws/clamps, so you mostly need the clamps to make sure nothing moves while you make your marks.
          After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X