NGD 2004 Fender Toronado Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD 2004 Fender Toronado Deluxe

One of the guys from New Found Glory played one of these, back in the day. If I'm remembering correctly, it was red with a black scratchplate and racing stripes. It looked really awesome, in a hot rod kinda way.

If I had yours, I would definitely put nickel covers on the pups.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
      One of the guys from New Found Glory played one of these, back in the day. If I'm remembering correctly, it was red with a black scratchplate and racing stripes. It looked really awesome, in a hot rod kinda way.

If I had yours, I would definitely put nickel covers on the pups.
      That's definitely on my to do list. I just don't know if I want to cover these pups or put in new ones. I kinda like how hot these pickups are, but I'm not really into getting so much output from just my pickups either.

It think with some nickel covers it'll look a lot like a black 61 SG. Not a bad thing at all

Comment

Originally posted by Oceano View Post
        That's definitely on my to do list. I just don't know if I want to cover these pups or put in new ones. I kinda like how hot these pickups are, but I'm not really into getting so much output from just my pickups either.

It think with some nickel covers it'll look a lot like a black 61 SG. Not a bad thing at all
        It's a long shot, but if those pickups are four conductor, it would be easy to install coil split switches to drop the output down.

I agree, those SGs are hotness. I always think black guitars look better with a bit of chrome on them. Like my black Tele with the black guard or those HH Jags, like the one Astro plays. Black'n'chrome is just classy.
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
          It's a long shot, but if those pickups are four conductor, it would be easy to install coil split switches to drop the output down.

I agree, those SGs are hotness. I always think black guitars look better with a bit of chrome on them. Like my black Tele with the black guard or those HH Jags, like the one Astro plays. Black'n'chrome is just classy.
          Yeah Astros Jag is pretty sexy. I just never could get along with that short of a scale. Probably cuz I have short stubby fingers. I'm pretty sure they do have 4 conductors. I'm just not sure I'm sold on them. I'm used to humbuckers just not ones that are so compressed I guess. I might just try moving them up and down and stuff first.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
            Raising the profile of this model is going to take some LH mutha to start playing one upside down.
            not with me it isn't
            Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
            you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Congrats! I've always liked those guitars as well. Probably will gain some value if they don't bring it back for a decade, and then if they do everyone will say, "the new ones aren't as good as the old ones."
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X