Tremolo block question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo block question

I read that the trem block is something I can upgrade to bring a dead guitar to life. I found a solid steel block at Guitar Fetish for $22 that looks like what I want for my LTD. My only gripe with GF is that they're anti-left handed, I don't even want to ask them this question because they'll probably say 'oh no, it will never work. Play right handed, freak'.

So here it is: Can I take a RH block and flip it around to work on a LH trem?
    LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
    Thinline W/GFS Classic II
    Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
    LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
    Blackstar HT5-H.
    Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Re: Tremolo block question

I don't think it will work with most blocks. I would visit your local machine shop and see what they can do. Take them the stock block out of your LTD as a guide and see what they quote you. If it's too much, try going to your local community college's industrial arts department and ask the department head if you can put up a flyer offering to pay a metal shop student or instructor to make one for you. All you'd have to do is decide what material (i.e. what alloy specifically) to use, and purchase an appropriately sized chunk of it first, and then pay the student to machine it. Or maybe even take a metal shop class yourself if you have the time.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 07-09-2012, 10:09 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: Tremolo block question

Short answer. No, it won't work. Almost as short of an answer. In all my years of looking, I've never found anyone that makes blocks for lefty trems.

Hope is not completely lost though. They do make the MIM Strat bridge in lefty and they do have a full size steel block on them.

Or, if you ask real nice, I'll send you this....
      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Working...
      X