Finally got my guitars hung up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my guitars hung up...

I haven't decided if I want to stain the wood to match the trim and furniture, or let one of my artistic buddies go nuts and draw/paint on it.

After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Re: Finally got my guitars hung up...

I have my guitars hanging from my wall, saves alot of space

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
    Squier P-Bass
    Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

Cool!
      There is no spoone
      - The Matricks

Comment

This won't end up stretching the necks or doing any damage? I have heard that it could...but all the guitar shops do it....
        -Trent-

Gear:
        Jackson DKMGT (Sh-5-Bridge/A2P-Neck)
        Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
        Boss Ge-7

Amp Clips and Songs: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/trentcarlmusic.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TechMetalMan
          This won't end up stretching the necks or doing any damage? I have heard that it could...but all the guitar shops do it....
          I'm not really sure how ~10 pounds of downforce could possibly "stretch" a material like wood, especially (but not only) if the grain of the wood is running in the direction of that force. The only damage I could see happening would be from a fall.

Comment

hanging is supposed to be the safest and less stressful of all storage methods, aside from inside of the case.

Comment

thanks guys...i might just have to do this!
              -Trent-

Gear:
              Jackson DKMGT (Sh-5-Bridge/A2P-Neck)
              Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
              Boss Ge-7

Amp Clips and Songs: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/trentcarlmusic.htm

Comment

sweet guitars im loving the wolfgang. my friend has one similar to that and they are some of the nicest guitars ive played
                Guitars
                MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
                MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
                Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
                Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
                MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
                70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
                Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
                Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by JimiHWannaBe
                  sweet guitars im loving the wolfgang. my friend has one similar to that and they are some of the nicest guitars ive played
                  Thanks man, the Wolfgang is the newest addition to the group, I got it a few months ago and couldn't be happier with it.

Originally posted by TechMetalMan
                  thanks guys...i might just have to do this!
                  I've wanted to do it for a while, so I finally broke down and ordered the hangers and used this 3-day weekend as the time to get it done. It only took me about 20 minutes to do it, including scrounging up the piece of wood haha.

Comment

I really like the hanging set up you have. If I could find the space to do that I would. I think with that white wall, and since it looks like a plain old 2x4 which the guitars hang from, I would paint that piece. Either white or some design, since you said you had a buddy who could do that.
                    "Faster than a laser bullet
                    Louder than an atom bomb"

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do something with the piece of wood, and my friend is a pretty awesome artist. I figured I'd go ahead and mount everything, because he'll be able to incorporate all the screws/knots/hardware into whatever he does. Pretty cool stuff, hopefully he can take a stab at it while he's down for the holidays.

Comment

As far as the space, there was actually a big (4' x 4' square) mirror hanging in that spot from the previous owners of this house, and up until now I had never really thought of what I could do with it. So this weekend I took it down, and decided to hang it back up in the closet where I keep my amp, cases, pedal board, etc. It's out of the way, and out of sight unless you open it up but looks pretty cool in there. It lets you see the front panel and the tubes in the amp all at once haha. I really just couldn't find any other use for it (I suppose I could have done a ceiling mount )

Comment

I've now rigged up some little hooks so I can have each guitar's strap hanging right behind it. What's the use of having the guitars constantly within playing reach if I have to go diggin' for the strap . It also looks much cleaner than just draping them over the hangers.

Comment

I heard it's bad for necks to keep them on stands all the time. Is this true?
                            :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
                              I heard it's bad for necks to keep them on stands all the time. Is this true?
                              Never heard anything like that... do you just mean floor stands?

Comment

Working...
                              X