Cleaning/Polishing a Floyd Rose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning/Polishing a Floyd Rose?

I'm currently in the process of selling my Razorback, which hasn't been properly played in 2 years probably. Unfortunately, this means there's now tarnishing on the Floyd, and I was wondering if there's any way to get rid of it. Would normal metal polish be too harsh?

To make matters worse, it's a black chrome job, but half of it has worn off already, so I'd consider taking it all off to make it look good...
    Originally posted by Aceman
    In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Re: Cleaning/Polishing a Floyd Rose?

I've read about people using Auto Sol successfully - makes things nice and shiny. I don't know the effect it will have on the black plating of the Floyd; not much, I'd hazard a guess; it's reasonably tough stuff. With softer finishes like cosmo on Ibanez trems, Auto Sol tends to rub it off with more vigorous application.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Re: Cleaning/Polishing a Floyd Rose?

its best to clean Black plated parts with a mild soap and water. then dry throughly and put a lite coat of carnuba wax on them , buff and reassemble.

if you have severe pitting, then you can use a metal polish like "Extreme" metal cleaner and polish.
      once pitting has gone beyond the surfface of the plating , theres really not much you can do for it other than just clean it, and the wax will protect it from getting much worse.
      http://www.bennettmusiclabs.com

Comment

Working...
      X