Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh my...

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
    That was one of my first thoughts, but now seeing the pickup routing, I don't know if a clear guard would work well or not....
    I guess they used the black guard for a reason then...lol.
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

It's nice, but it's also funny how much interest they generated for a MIM Standard just by putting a screen print top on it.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I'd probably never buy one (not my cup of tea), but man is that beautiful!!!
        LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
        Thinline W/GFS Classic II
        Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
        LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
        Blackstar HT5-H.
        Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
          It's nice, but it's also funny how much interest they generated for a MIM Standard just by putting a screen print top on it.
          It's more about the quality of the photography than anything else, imho. Those first lit shots against a black background are pretty sexy.
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I might get one of the bodies and make a project out of it. An all-rosewood neck like my main tele has would look pretty hot.
            After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

well, dystrust and i were wandering around DGS today and came across one of these beauties.

it turned out to be a really sexy, dead-sounding boat anchor. i mean, it sounded ok with teh br00tz on, but it totally sounded like crap when played clean and was really heavy. the upside is that my GAS for it is now dead too.

didn't have time to try out it's equally sexy strat sister.

Last edited by longcat; 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM.
              SOON, WE WILL ALL HAS A FLAVR!!1!

the definition of insanity

Comment

normally not a paisley guy myself, but I like the black on the tele. too light on the strat..
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Whoa.....
                  '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    normally not a paisley guy myself, but I like the black on the tele. too light on the strat..
                    they were about the same color, actually...the tele is in shadow a bit in that shot, so it isn't really that dark.
                    SOON, WE WILL ALL HAS A FLAVR!!1!

the definition of insanity

Comment

I picked up one of the Strats the day after they were announced. One of my local independent shops got first crack at retailing them before the big chain/online stores were allowed to sell them. I like the Tele, but I'd want to put an ebony board neck on it. Not sure about how that maple looks. And seeing that pic, I'd likely put something interesting in the neck slot. Maybe a Phat Staple.

I thought both were good guitars. They're just MIM Standards with a paisley print, probably a veneer. And the Strat is not any lighter than the Tele; it's just that photo.

P.S. I'm trying to source a brushed steel (not stainless; I want it to tarnish) guard for the Strat, and brushed hardware.
                      Last edited by ItsaBass; 07-14-2012, 05:54 PM.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X