banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD! Anyone know where I put my spandex and hairpray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD! Anyone know where I put my spandex and hairpray?

Love the single coil/humbucker setup. Nice axe !
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
      Love the single coil/humbucker setup. Nice axe !
      Same! That guitar is hot dude!!
      88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
      Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
      Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
      Vox NightTrain 50.
      My Band

Comment

That's awesome, and I love the J/C pointy headstocks.

Comment

HAPPY NEW GUITAR DAY TO YOU . . .

. . . i believe you will enjoy this type of thing then :

Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz; 07-17-2012, 10:29 AM.
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I actually like this one :

PERFECT FOR YOUR NEW AXE !

On day i will have a sheardstick w hot pu's too - but not just yet.

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

That's pretty darn BADASS! Enjoy the rock out of it.

Comment

Sick guitar! Love Charvels!

Play it like you mean it!

Originally posted by Ayrton
                Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

yeah, this is neat! I just don't like the HS setup, but thats my issue.

Comment

I just proved the theory that I should not open a thread with 80s terms on the title anymore. It's bad for my G-spot. Thank you.
                    Originally posted by GuitarDoc
                    Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
                      By the way, Im REALLY digging the CustomCustom/Cool Rails combo for this guitar

the Custom Custom is the beez neez! you want Hair Metal/Van Halen? the CC is it!

Are you sure that's a Custom Custom? I'm pretty sure those came with a C5. I had that exact combo (Coil Rails / C5) in my Model 4 for a while, and I ended up hating the C5. Either way I'm glad you like it.

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                      I don't think that's right- since all Jackson and Charvel bolt ons have a wider neck pocket- 2 1/4", compared to Fender's 2 3/16". Also, it's bound to have the Charvel triangular control route.

Then again, if Fender bought Jackson/Charvel, at the time, there really isn't much difference between taking a slab of alder out of the bin and putting it on one of Fender or Jackson's CNC Machines
                      I don't know about this model, but the late 80s MIJ Charvel model series are 100% compatible with Fender necks / bodies. I've owned four of those guitars and used them with Charvel, Fender, and ESP necks with no problems. I've also used Charvel model series necks on Fender and ESP bodies.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

If you only knew....

My Aquanet and rockstar clothes, AND Japanese version of your exact guitar all went away around 1991. I was usually the support band that went on right before all your favorite bands.

My Charvel had a JB/Hot Rails, and the back had **** PLEASE upside down! LOL
                        Last edited by Gearjoneser; 07-18-2012, 01:35 PM.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                          Are you sure that's a Custom Custom? I'm pretty sure those came with a C5. I had that exact combo (Coil Rails / C5) in my Model 4 for a while, and I ended up hating the C5. Either way I'm glad you like it.

I don't know about this model, but the late 80s MIJ Charvel model series are 100% compatible with Fender necks / bodies. I've owned four of those guitars and used them with Charvel, Fender, and ESP necks with no problems. I've also used Charvel model series necks on Fender and ESP bodies.
                          It did come with the C5/cool rails but when I changed the first set of strings out I took out the A5 mag and popped in an A2. So no, it wasnt a cc at first, but it is now
                          2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
                          Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
                          Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Working...
                          X