No announcement yet.

Guitarcenters . . . can they do this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitarcenters . . . can they do this ?

I've never bought anything from a GC before.

I see they have a big used section, but those guitars/gear are spread out all over the USA.
    If i go to one GS, and let them know about a used guitar on their website, can they request an instrument from one store to another ?

Anyone ever done this at a GC ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Guitarcenters . . . can they do this ?

IIRC, they do offer that.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Yup. It's an option in the used gear section on the Website. In store pickup.

You can also have stuff transferred from store to store if you are a walk-in customer.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

If it's used gear, you will pay shipping from one store to another. New gear is no shipping charges.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          If it's used gear, you will pay shipping from one store to another. New gear is no shipping charges.
          Thanks Doc
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

The shipping charges are really cheap, like $12 to ship a guitar cross country, and you can return it if it doesn't work out. It's actually a pretty decent deal. I bought my Kelly this way.

Comment

I did this to get my Bogner head. Relatively quick and painless. I don't remember shipping charges being crazy.
              DayGlo

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                  The shipping charges are really cheap, like $12 to ship a guitar cross country, and you can return it if it doesn't work out. It's actually a pretty decent deal. I bought my Kelly this way.
                  +1 Purchased Longcat's bass this way and paid $12 to ship from KS to MN.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yep and they buy old guitars ( good one's mind ya ,vintage types ) , I'm going to see what they offer for a vintage 1950s Koa ukulele made by Kamaka Ukuleles of Honolulu Hawaii .

I have had some really nice offers so far from private parties

I want a New Roland GR55 !

HR
                    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

In my experience it depends on the sales guy. I've been told once or twice that they don't do in-store pickup for used stuff. Most of the times I've had no problem with them requesting an used item shipped to a local GC.

Comment

I bought my Fuchs combo this way. They'll do it as long as you plop the cash down. I walked in to see if they'd ship my amp to the syracuse store so I could make sure it was what I wanted...they said no but we'll give you 60 days to return it if it's not what you want. I thought that was fair.
                        77 Gibson Les Paul Custom (70's DiMarzios)
                        Gibson Les Paul (Duncan Distortion, Pearly Gates)
                        Fuchs Blackjack 21
                        -Fuchs Plush Cream
                        -Boss DD7 Delay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Dziedzic
                          Many thanks
                          You're welcome. Now go to hell! Or at least bring back Pamela Waddle!
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Lately I've been getting some used gear through GC's website. You'll find that it's definately worth it. I just got a used Digitech RP-50 for only 20 bucks from one of their stores in Penn. It came complete in the box with the manual and the adaptor. I had to pay a extra 9 bucks for shipping and tax. Truly a great deal.

Comment

Oh Look, it's Steven's friend!!
                              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                              Guitar to sound output:
                              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Working...
                              X