I spent my dough....on an Agile 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent my dough....on an Agile 3100

Having been saving up for new pickups for my strat but kept thinking that finding an Agile would be nice. Kept checking craigslist but the few that came up sold right away.

Last night checked at 8:50 and somebody had posted a 3100 at 8:30. Called and by 10:00 was headed back home.

Amazed at how good it sounded acoustic and with low action. I've always been a strat guy so this will be new for me.

Really not sure why I bought this other than curious how they play and have always wanted to try out a Gibson style guitar.

Re: I spent my dough....on an Agile 3100

Fun!
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Cool. The green ones always sound better.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Very sexy. I love the green.

You didn't say how much it cost.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Guitar, pod xt (with 2 floor pedals), and small amp.....$350.00

Pretty good deal.

Comment

Nice haul!

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
              Cool. The green ones always sound better.
              +1
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds like a great deal. How are you liking the guitar (sounds and playability) and the change from Strat?

Comment

Enjoying it so far. There is some minor fret buzzing but nothing a good setup won't fix. Am taking it in today for that.

The sounds is good. Obviously different from what I'm used to but I really like it. It's hard for me to believe but it plays better than my American Strat. Action is better and the neck just plays faster.

I'm not an amazing stud on the guitar but am pretty good so my opinion probably isn't as good as some others. Based on my first impressions, I wouldn't be surprised if I sold my strat and kept the Agile.

Comment

Wow! That's very interesting to know. Sounds like you got a very good instrument. I'm happy that it's working out good for you. It's always nice when things just seem to come together.

Comment

Nice! I just recently picked up a rootbeer/coffee flame maple top AL-3100 with a Vox practice amp and the finish on these guitars sure are pretty. I was actually looking to buy a small practice amp when I came across the amp and guitar being sold and couldn't pass up the deal. I have to say I am really impressed with the construction of the guitar. I will be swapping out the stock pups to give it more horsepower, range and crispness but for the next to nothing price I consider these things a steal
                      NJ Chapter President of G.A.S.....it's an addiction I will never seek a cure from!

Comment

Working...
                      X