Aftermarket strat bodies. nitro finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aftermarket strat bodies. nitro finish

Proper nitro on the body isn't bad. Just play any Music Man guitar. Of course many of those have tru oil on the necks.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      Mark does not do no relic work...
      You can order one "Closet Clean", which is pretty close.
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Id really like to grab a knopfler body, as that is my fave strat color ever and a 57 style body contour, but they are pretty expensive on the bay. Nearly twice as much as the suggestions here.

That said, Ive decided to do a makeover on my Tele first. And these links have helped for that as well. Thanks everyone
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Most Fender bodies no matter what model or series you go with will not have a pure, 100% true nitro finish.

As for poly vs nitro I personally consider this a dead topic but since it is creeping into this thread I'll give my 2 cents...

No, poly on it's own is not a bad way to finish a guitar but it will never, ever be as thin, be as acoustically transparent, wear as well or feel as good over time as nitro...period.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire View Post
            You can order one "Closet Clean", which is pretty close.
            Mark's closet clean is pretty reliced most of the time.

I'm not slamming Mark or his work, he does great finish work and good relic work but if you want a nitro guitar that looks brand new Mark Jenny would be my last choice.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
            X