Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High E fretting out when bending

it starts around the 6th fret
    i'll bend the high E up to the space in between the G and the B strings and it will fret out.
    i will go up the neck , and it will keep fretting out until the 9th or 10th fret.
    then after that it stops.
    but i swear there isn't a high fret in that location

i have the neck relief adjusted to about 1/2 mm at the 8th fret when the string is pressed at the 1st and 22nd

the action is 1mm at the 12th fret

the guitar is an ESP LTD EC400vf
    good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Re: High E fretting out when bending

You need more relief in your neck. It is most likely too straight.

Comment

Well there has to be something going on. There's either a fret or multiple that are too high, a neck hump or a setup issue which is causing the problem

Comment

Try adjusting the neck relief to the same 0.5 mm at the 8th fret but while pressing the string at the 1st fret and "right where the neck meets the body" fret, which is usually on or around the 17th fret on Les Pauls and Strats.

Comment

It sounds like your neck is back-bowed, and you should loosen the truss rod. Remember, righty-tighty/lefty-loosy, and quarter turns at a time. Let the neck settle for about 30 min to an hour after each 1/4 turn and check. If possible, always adjust truss rod under string tension and tuned to whatever tuning you will use.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogles View Post
            the guitar is an ESP LTD EC400vf
            This.

But yeah, sounds like it's either back-bowed, or twisted.
            Originally posted by Brown Note
            I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
            My Blog

Comment

Needs more relief and/or higher strings. Bending with low strings will always be a bit of an issue, unless your fingerboard has almost no radius on it.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

the simplest solution appeared to work
                i raised the action about 1/4 mm

what are typical relief and action measurements?
                good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

Working...
                X