banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a dillema... Jackson SL2H or DK2M + SLX? Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a dillema... Jackson SL2H or DK2M + SLX? Opinions?

I'm new in here, so a little introduction first.

I live in France, i've been playing guitar for more than 15 years but only recently bought an amazing Jackson DK2 in Black (with the SD pickups, not the Duncan Designed).

Now to the point...

I wasn't expecting but i've found a nice used SL2H for sale in a local auction list (around 1100 Euros). I've always wanted an USA Jackson, neck-thru, specially the SL2H and now i've found one in a good price.

The problem is... i love the DK2M's maple fretboard... And there's one DK2M, black, sitting on a store near my house.

I already have a DK2 that i really enjoy, amazing quality for an exceptional price. So, what to do? Buy the SL2H and forget about the DK2M? Or buy the DK2M + Jackson SLX (for the neck-thru)? I can get the DK2M + SLX, both new, for 1100 Euros, the same exact price as the SL2H. Would the SLX be a good/cheaper alternative to the SL2H?

I simply cannot buy the SL2H now (1100 Euros) and later buy a used DK2M (around 350/400 in here). My wife would kill me to spend so moch on Jackson guitars...

Any opinions are welcomed

Re: What a dillema... Jackson SL2H or DK2M + SLX? Opinions?

I say go for the SL2H. I got one last year, my first neck through guitar. I have JBs in the bridge of a few other guitars. The JB sounds a lot different in the SL2H, very throaty and vocal. You won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
    X