show your ESP's and LTD's with passive pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: show your ESP's and LTD's with passive pickups

Here's my LTD EC400VF. I've swapped the original Seymour Duncan JB & '59 set for a set of DiMarzios, a Tone Zone in the bridge and 36th Anniversary PAF in the neck. I also changed the original chrome knobs for a set of more vintage looking gold plastic knobs.

Guitars
    Gibson Explorer (Cherry), Gibson Explorer (Black), Custom Explorer (White), Epiphone Korina Explorer, Jackson RRXT, Epiphone Flying V, Epiphone SG, Epiphone SG Junior, Les Paul Custom (Black), Les Paul Custom (Cream), PRS Tremonti SE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bloodswords View Post

Used to own this LTD ST-203 but a friend talked me into selling it off (to him for a good price).
        How are those as far as the sound and tone ? I'm seriously thinking of getting one to go with my Viper 100-FM. Right now, AMS is selling the Maple Fretboard model version for only $249.99. I guess they're overstocked with them.

Comment

My 2002 ESP MV-200:

These pics were taken in December 2006; the neck pickup, a DiMarzio HS-2, is now at the neck of my Carvin DC135 while that Powered by Lace bridge humbucker is still there. As of September of last year this guitar has been pretty much out of commission; it is sitting in its gig back without any electronics and no neck pickup and no strings.
          Play it like you mean it!

Originally posted by Ayrton
          Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
          You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

I've always liked mavericks. I wish they still made them.
            Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by arellanon View Post
              My 2002 ESP MV-200:

These pics were taken in December 2006; the neck pickup, a DiMarzio HS-2, is now at the neck of my Carvin DC135 while that Powered by Lace bridge humbucker is still there. As of September of last year this guitar has been pretty much out of commission; it is sitting in its gig back without any electronics and no neck pickup and no strings.
              Oh MAN I love that.

I'm such a sucker for H-S guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                Oh MAN I love that.

I'm such a sucker for H-S guitars.
                Yeah, it looks cool and it actually sounds good but it plays terrible. All my MIK guitars feel like crap.

Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
                Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
                You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

That really pains me to hear that.

Comment

Yeah, it looks cool and it actually sounds good but it plays terrible. All my MIK guitars feel like crap.

Haha send it to me with $100, and I'll change your mind. If not, I'll return the $100 and eat the shipping cost.
                    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

I've found that I like made in Korea guitars. 7 of the 9 guitars and basses that I currently own were made in Korea. The higher end ones are usually pretty good. The lower end models usually suck though.
                      Guitars
                      Gibson Explorer (Cherry), Gibson Explorer (Black), Custom Explorer (White), Epiphone Korina Explorer, Jackson RRXT, Epiphone Flying V, Epiphone SG, Epiphone SG Junior, Les Paul Custom (Black), Les Paul Custom (Cream), PRS Tremonti SE

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                        Very very nice. Can you tell me a little about that one; mainly tone and feel?
                        It's a wonderful player feel-wise. But the default pickups lack the warmth (despite the rosewood fretboard), surprisingly, the twang was aplenty.
                        Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1psc View Post
                          Did I not contribute to this thread? Here's my 90's ESP Horizon with stock pickups, it's getting the fugly bucker upgrade soon...
                          I was looking for this one but they only have the Floyd version, told me no more were coming (discontinued), so I just had to grab whatever's there.
                          Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by bloodswords View Post
                            It's a wonderful player feel-wise. But the default pickups lack the warmth (despite the rosewood fretboard), surprisingly, the twang was aplenty.
                            Hey man, thanks for the reply on this. I am looking to get an ST-203 like that one. Pickups can be changed.
                            -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
                              Haha send it to me with $100, and I'll change your mind. If not, I'll return the $100 and eat the shipping cost.
                              Well I think the issue with this guitar is that the nut is too high an actually raises the strings. Plus I feel the TOM bridge is high to begin with so it just feels out of place to me.

The other MIK I have is another story. The neck feels hollow!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zakkwyldefan79 View Post
                                I've found that I like made in Korea guitars. 7 of the 9 guitars and basses that I currently own were made in Korea. The higher end ones are usually pretty good. The lower end models usually suck though.
                                I purchased this MV-200 back in December 2002 for about $250 and the another MIK Kramer from the old MusicYo for about the same price a few months afterwards; I guess these would be medium end ones at best.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X