Neck Adjustment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Adjustment??

I recently aquired a Carvin V220t and I love it!!! Only prob is that when I play and note up at about the 21st or 22nd fret, the strings will fret out at 23 or 24. Is this a truss adjust issue or what?? Im thinking truss adjust is for a bow mid neck. Please advise ! Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Neck Adjustment??

its a set neck
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Put a straight edge on the frets, if there is any "hump" in the fingerboard thats the problem. It is possible you have one or two high frets that could be causing it. Worse case situation is the frets need to come out, the fingerboard needs to be sanded level, and new frets need to be installed. From what you described it doesn't sound like the rod. I would say to take it to a reputable repair center, and have a tech look at it. Good Luck!!
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

When I'm trying to dial out a buzzy note on the fretboard, I like to pluck that note
        as I'm tightening the truss rod till that one bad note on the fretboard sounds as good as it can. Then I hold down the first fret and fret at the body, to make sure there's just a tiny sliver of light between the low E and 7th fret. It's usually where it should be. By pinpointing the one weak spot on the neck, then adjusting for THAT,
        you get the neck about as good as it can play. Don't forget to check the intonation
        from the 10th fret to the 19th, on all strings, after this adjustment. Intonation is always the last step. You may not need to adjust anything, but you've got to at least check it.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X