Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me some Bass Strings

Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
    The Fender Jazz Bass V is only 34" scale. Hence, I would go for heavy gauges to get decent tension on the low B string. (Assuming, of course, that you tune BEADG rather than EADGC or any downtuned setting.)
    I tune BEADG, and I'm not afraid of heavier strings. I will agree that the B needs to have a good amount of tension. I went with a lighter set of EB's a while back and it just didn't cut the mustard.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Keep 'em comin.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

good thread. I been playing more bass lately and think the low E Im using is a lil too thick. But I dont remember what guage Im running
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

My personal favorite are coated DRs; 45-105 for 4 string.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
          [*]I play with my pointer and middle finger of my right hand (which I'm trying to build the callouses back up on )[*]I am used to round-wounds and don't really want to change to flat-wounds[*]I'd probably go up to about $40 for a set of strings, but would prefer to stay under that.[/LIST]

From guitar strings to drumheads, woodwind reeds to orchestral strings, find everything you need to enhance your sound on daddario.com. Shop now >
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Best sounding 5-string set is a D'Addario EXL165 Nickel Wound 45-105 with a XLB145 .145 5th string.

Excellent in 34" scale, simply the best in 35" scale.

HTH,

Comment

Working...
            X