New Kramer guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kramer guitars

Those who have been around awhile, know that I love old Kramers and Charvels and Bc Richs and all the hair metal axes.. Ive been kinda disappointed about the "new" Kramers as they seem to be aiming for the demographic that the old Striker series used to cater too, with a few exceptions. Now the SM1 is a high dollar axe and Ive heard really good things about the Pacers even tho they are around the $300 range.
    However, they now have a Pacer thats supposed to be closer to the old ones. Vintage Pacer. Has anyone tried these?

Although I always thought they were kinda cheesy, Im finding myself drawn to the tiger. Thoughts??

maple body... Bright?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: New Kramer guitars

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    maple body... Bright?
    I don't have personal experience, but I've heard quite a few people say that a JB in a maple guitar actually sounds pretty good.
    DayGlo

Comment

The finish is super cheesy, and by that, I mean it's not cool like the original.

Why would you buy one of those sweatshop geets when you could get a MIJ Kramer Focus 1000/2000/3000 for the same money?

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
        The finish is super cheesy, and by that, I mean it's not cool like the original.

Why would you buy one of those sweatshop geets when you could get a MIJ Kramer Focus 1000/2000/3000 for the same money?
        That is my thinking too. ESP made with a real OFR for cheap or MIK Epiphone for 3x the money?

My last 3 Kramer's didn't cost as much as that guitar, all of them either Made by ESP or parts made by ESP and built in the USA. I have 13 Kramer's, and love everyone of them.

I do have experience with the Gibson made Kramer's as well. One the paint job was so bad it had to be returned and the other is up for sale now at a huge loss. They do not hold resale value at all. As a lover of all things 80's guitars I wouldn't in a million years buy another Gibson made Kramer. They just can't hold a candle to what ESP was doing back then.

*edit*

Just to prove a point.

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial. All minty with a bit of checking in the paint. JBJ in the bridge and a real OFR. Bought it out of a pawn shop in east Texas for $120. Trust me when I say it doesn't get much nicer.

Focus Mutt. A focus 1000 body with a 6000 neck. JB in the bridge and a OFR. $225

Japanese model JK2000 100% ESP made with a OFR $100. It still needs a bit of work and clean up but WTH,$100? I couldn't say no.

You want a Kramer, buy a Kramer. Not some over priced MIK Epiphone
        Last edited by Vengeance; 11-07-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Dayum! ^

Comment

First, I wont be buying one.. A) Im broke and B) if I buy Anything else, it'll be another Charvel. Im just wondering how they are?
            I agree too that the older ones are killer and the Focus' are too. I had Several Foci and they were great! I still am furious with myself for selling my black focus 6000.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

First, I wont be buying one.. A) Im broke and B) if I buy Anything else, it'll be another Charvel. Im just wondering how they are?
              I agree too that the older ones are killer and the Focus' are too. I had Several Foci and they were great! I still am furious with myself for selling my black focus 6000.
              To me the new Kramer's are just another semi nice MIK/MII guitar. Nothing special but not a POS either. Right on par with LTD, Epiphone, Schector, and Squire. I'll just never be in the mind set of high end MIK guitars.

They do give off that 80's vibe that give me GAS too. Lord knows those 84 reissues give it to me. I just can't see spending the money on it since there is so much nicer and less expensive out there.

Comment

Foci.

I like it.

Comment

Vengeance I am stupidly jealous of you

here in Australia there exists no such luck. And your best bet is buying one off of ebay...
                  Originally posted by drew_half_empty
                  what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratovarious View Post
                    Vengeance I am stupidly jealous of you

here in Australia there exists no such luck. And your best bet is buying one off of ebay...
                    I got that mutt off of ebay. Bought the neck and body separate over a course of about a year. There will always be deals out there to have. You just got to be patient and have the cash when it pops up.

Comment

Working...
                    X