Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD EC-1000 questions

Hey there all,

Just another quick question, i'm tossing it up between the LTD EC-1000T/CTM in white and the LTD EC-1000 in satin black, but my main question is this: Due the the thicker body on the T/CTM, is one able to notice an increase in sustain and resonance, maybe even tone?

I know that the neck humbucker is moved for the extra two frets on the EC-1000VB, and I know that will change to tone, but does it sound thinner or have less sustain and resonance then the T/CTM?

This pairs with the fact that in the future I may end up swapping the EMG's to Blackouts or putting passive SD's or BKP's in it, and perhaps the Blackouts might be a bit muddy in the thicker body?

Thanks all
    LtKojak, on the theory of having too many guitars...

Also, I'd like to remind you that the very concept of having "too many guitars" just doesn't exist. It's been selfishly created by parents and/or girlfriends/wives to lure you to stay away of your passions just to have more of YOUR money and YOUR time at THEIR disposal!

Re: LTD EC-1000 questions

I haven't been able to play the T/CTM version of the guitar, but I own an EC1000VB and I can tell you I have no problems getting a thick tone with a lot of sustain out of it.

I've had 2 or 3 Les Pauls but I sold them for various reasons. I plan on keeping my LTD long term.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
      I haven't been able to play the T/CTM version of the guitar, but I own an EC1000VB and I can tell you I have no problems getting a thick tone with a lot of sustain out of it.

I've had 2 or 3 Les Pauls but I sold them for various reasons. I plan on keeping my LTD long term.
      Sounds good... how about the sustain... can you hear it?... ya know... if it was plugged in?

Ugh, gotta stop talking like Nigel.

Also, I'd like to remind you that the very concept of having "too many guitars" just doesn't exist. It's been selfishly created by parents and/or girlfriends/wives to lure you to stay away of your passions just to have more of YOUR money and YOUR time at THEIR disposal!

Comment

No sustain issues with my EC at all, I swapped to the blackouts and I feel the tone is "thicker" than with the EMGs.....

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
          No sustain issues with my EC at all, I swapped to the blackouts and I feel the tone is "thicker" than with the EMGs.....
          Sweet, just wondering because I like to really hold onto notes for long times, bend em' up, then back, then up again without picking

Comment

i know when i went from EMG 81/60 to Blackouts on my Eclipse II, S##t got serious. def zero mud.

Comment

Flip the 85 and 81, that's what is in my Eclipse, I like it better than the Blackouts. *yikes*

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
                I did the same thing on my LTD EC-1000FR and I agree. The tone is thicker and just has more balls than with EMGs.
                Guitars
                Gibson Explorer (Cherry), Gibson Explorer (Black), Custom Explorer (White), Epiphone Korina Explorer, Jackson RRXT, Epiphone Flying V, Epiphone SG, Epiphone SG Junior, Les Paul Custom (Black), Les Paul Custom (Cream), PRS Tremonti SE

Comment

Originally posted by Mont97 View Post
                  Sounds good... how about the sustain... can you hear it?... ya know... if it was plugged in?

Ugh, gotta stop talking like Nigel.
                  Sustain is excellent - I set the guitar up the way I want with the strings I like and make sure everything in the bridge is locked down tight and it's great!

As long as we're talking pickups as well, I have an 85 in the neck and a 60A in the bridge. I used to have it the other way around but I like it just a wee bit more with the 60A in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post

I used to have a LP Classic, but traded it in for various reasons:

Neck was way too fat for my taste; it went out of tune quite a bit (like the SG's), and no access to the higher frets.

Comment

Sounds wicked! Thanks everyone for the help, but unforetunately, it now makes my decision harder...

I like a thick body, but I also want good upper fret reach (something the standard ec-1000 is better at due to a scoop on the back of the lower horn, a feature the T/CTM doesn't have). As i'm used to 22 frets, 24 may require a bit of getting used to, but it may be usefull.

Does anyone know roughly how thick the standard EC-1000 bodies are? I don't like super thin guitars, they feel like toys, I like something to really hold on to, which originally drew me to the T/CTM...

Comment

Originally posted by Mont97 View Post
                        Does anyone know roughly how thick the standard EC-1000 bodies are?
                        Mine is 1 and 9/16ths inches all the way around, thicker at the center.

Comment

What's the neck profile like on EC-1000s? Full Les Paul type profile or flat-thin shredderish?
                          Originally posted by Frankly
                          PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
                          Originally posted by Diocletian
                          Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

They are thin U shaped. Not the thinnest necks ive ever seen on a guitar, but by no means 50s LP profile either.

Overall pretty comfortable. Pretty large frets. I think the boards are 14" radius. Good shredder guitars for sure.

Comment

I love my EC1000 ctm! If you dont want the belly cut and stuff, go with it. Ive played other Ec1000s and felt they all played and sustained pretty nicely. I wouldnt say the CTM is going to be a world of difference, as it probably varies some with each guitar.. But it's a beast.
                              When deciding which one to get, Id go with the features. If you want the belly cut and all, go with the reg one.. Im a LP guy, so I wanted the full body and went with the CTM
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X