Sterling AX40 questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterling AX40 questions.

I picked up a Sterling AX40 today in a trade with a friend. So far it is a nice guitar for the money. Does anyone know if a bigger trem block will fit the Sterling Floyd Rose? This is the first guitar I ever had with a Floyd so I have no clue. I know how to measure the depth of the block to get the right fit but I am not sure about the screw holes.Thanx lexx

Re: Sterling AX40 questions.

Originally posted by lexx9 View Post
    I picked up a Sterling AX40 today in a trade with a friend. So far it is a nice guitar for the money. Does anyone know if a bigger trem block will fit the Sterling Floyd Rose? This is the first guitar I ever had with a Floyd so I have no clue. I know how to measure the depth of the block to get the right fit but I am not sure about the screw holes.Thanx lexx
    IMHO your best bet is to buy a floyd special and put a big block on that,
    the trem on the sterling is decent but deserves a better bridge.
    A standard floyd big block works on a JT580lp trem so it may be a direct fit for the sterling as well?
    btw, i just bought a used OLP MM1FR, these were the ones that came with a real floyd and had the piano black finish,last ones made before sterling came out,
    i love the tone/playability of these guitars!
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

I think the sterling floyd is compatible with OFR parts, but I'm not 100% sure. I know a EVH D-tuna fits on sterling floyds and it says on the packaging "Only for use with original Floyd Rose". That is why I think OFR parts are compatible with the sterling.

Comment

Thanx for your help. I got to agree with you Savage the playability is amazing! I usually play Strats and I am use to the big square chunk of wood for the body but the Sterling is so smooth just keeps on going.

Comment

Originally posted by lexx9 View Post
          Thanx for your help. I got to agree with you Savage the playability is amazing! I usually play Strats and I am use to the big square chunk of wood for the body but the Sterling is so smooth just keeps on going.
          they are amazing guitars for the money, if you want it to be even closer the feel of the EBMM axis oil the neck with birchwood casey's tru-oil
          A few light coats is all it takes
          Excellent deals with,
          Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
          Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
          slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
          guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
          51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
          king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Working...
          X