Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MY perfectly tuned and intonated Tele

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
    Is this going to lead to another pic of splintered wood ?
    We can hope!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      Doesnt matter. Another waste of a hundred and a half.I had thought this Allparts neck, Made in Japan was `12" radius, but it frets out like crazy, can't get low enuf action for a discriminating player par-excellea'nce such as myself.
      Its a crummy neck I guess, or at least has the wrong specs.
      Off with the damn neck, and now i know I'll never waste time on a cheap neck again, although Ive made many work fine. Warmoth all the way
      This is because Allparts doesn't dress their frets, which is why it frets out even with a 12" radius. Warmoth doesn't dress their frets either, just installs them, so getting a Warmoth with the same or larger radius won't solve your problem.

Very sorry to say, but you did waste your money for a setup, without telling the tech what you want. You should tell them what gauge, tuning, brand of strings, action, and a fret dress. A bone nut won't change anything in bends fretting out if the frets aren't properly dressed. Explain your mistake to the tech and he may just change this for you at a reasonable price instead of a full new setup.

Also, why no tuner? Never tune by ear until you accurately memorize the pitch you need to tune to.

Oh yeah, just a word of advise, the money spent towards all the nice guitars and amps would be better used fixing up all of your guitars if you don't/can't do it yourself.
      Last edited by Myaccount876; 12-02-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        Doesnt matter. Another waste of a hundred and a half.I had thought this Allparts neck, Made in Japan was `12" radius, but it frets out like crazy, can't get low enuf action for a discriminating player par-excellea'nce such as myself.
        Its a crummy neck I guess, or at least has the wrong specs.
        Off with the damn neck, and now i know I'll never waste time on a cheap neck again, although Ive made many work fine. Warmoth all the way
        This is great stuff. Helps immensely doesn't it when you can blame the gear for your short comings.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
        X