Vintage spec Strat necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage spec Strat necks?

Does anybody know where I can find a decent Strat neck for a project with the 7.25 radius? Rosewood board. In the Mighty Mite $100 range? Thanks for any assistance guys.

Re: Vintage spec Strat necks?

Allparts make a 7.25" radius slab board rosewood neck. First item on this page. Allparts supposedly make great necks though and they are licensed by fender. I know it's more expensive than you asked for but IMO it would be worth it.
    There's always ebay as well.

Comment

A Japanese 62 or 57 reissue neck will have the right radius, but be proper Fender.

Comment

The MIM reissues (not the "standard") have very nice necks. They aren't that much more expensive but of course they already have a proper finish.

Comment

I love vintage spec necks. I have an MIJ reissue 54.
          I just want to point out, if you're looking for MIJ necks, there might be neck profiles difference according to year and series.
          My guitar has really thick V that tapers to fat D, while all other MIJ reissue I tried have thinner C or D neck. All MIJ reissue will have the 7.5' radius you're looking for and small (6230?) frets.
          Also, I love the finish. Glossy as opposed to satin on US fender necks. More vintage IMO.
          Some higher end MIJ model also have nitro finish.
          Last edited by Dr.J4ckal; 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Try B.Hefner.com, they're licensed by Fender.
            " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Great source for Allparts necks, prices are good, and they're great to deal with.
              "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Comment

Working...
              X