Now what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now what?!

A new les paul with an amazing koa top is under construction and i hope to get another one. Just a flametop on korina in purplemist...that puppy will get silver zephyrs.

Comment

I'd mind them for you but then I'd have to get some more guitars for them to sit in.
      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

38 guitars that sound the way you want them to? Impossible. That's like having 38 children behave themselves at the same time. One of them will be out of line soon enough. I don't know if I've played 38 guitars that I liked in my entire life!
        nobody loves me but my mama... and she could be jivin' too.

Comment

Originally posted by Psykel View Post
          Simple solution: Buy 2 more guitars.
          That's the only solution that makes any sense.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
            I cant afford 2 more les pauls right now
            But they don't have to be Gibsons!
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That's the exact reason why I cancelled my order for the Joe Bonamassa set. I didn't have a guitar to put them in....I didn't feel a Studio Les Paul was worthy of them so I canceled them.
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                But they don't have to be Gibsons!
                I wouldn't even touch a Gibson if it were free.

I found a solution to my predicament. I simply yanked out my beloved set of antiquities and replaced them with the joe bonamassa set. my review can be found in the pickup lounge next door :P and yeah, they're awesome.

I will be working my ASS off to get a second guitar at NAMM. the first one will definitely be there (koa LP!) the other one should be there too. I hope I can assemble them within a day or two cause I won't be bringing a guitar along on the trip from the Netherlands to LA. Meaning: I'll be needing at least 4 liberator pots (2 per les paul), a prewired harnass, a small handdrill that requires no power (for the tuners and pickup rings etc etc) and a screwdriver. Should be fun! (and if I get the second guitar, I'll need to bring along a little canister of nitro, some stains and some sanding paper; yeah I can finish a guitar in satin in 3 hours, including the dyes and since it will be nitro I can simply add more layers when I get home).

Comment

Working...
                X