New Warmoth (Left-Hand Body) Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warmoth (Left-Hand Body) Build

Warmoth Black Korina body, Fender Tele neck, stainless steel pickguard, Schaller Hardtail top-loading bridge, Seymour Duncan 59/Pearly Gates.
    Last edited by Jeffblue; 12-06-2012, 04:24 PM.

Re: New Warmoth (Left-Hand Body) Build

Right-handed players wasting good left-handed bodies makes me a sad left-handed panda.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Nice! What kind of finish is that? Oil? I wanna get an unfinished hollow VIP body and oil it up. Mahogany with a Koa top. I have a beautiful Warmoth neck for 2 years now just sitting around.
      "It was a new day yesterday, but it's and old day now."

Comment

that looks awesome though... shame I couldn't have the body... lol
        Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
        you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

I like the body,but the righty tele neck grates on me!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

That volume knob and switch look like they're in incredibly inconvenient locations, no matter which way you're playing that guitar.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I dig it, overall, though I never understood the appeal of taking a well-balanced guitar with good upper fret access and destroying both of those traits. For a broke lefty, I can understand a righty flipped over, but the other way around...I dunno. That toploader is slick, however. I gotta try one of those. That body is GORGEOUS.

Originally posted by Kam View Post
              That volume knob and switch look like they're in incredibly inconvenient locations, no matter which way you're playing that guitar.
              This...and something looks a bit out of alignment between the neck and the bridge. Can you take some tension off those screws and manhandle that neck into place?

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                Right-handed players wasting good left-handed bodies makes me a sad left-handed panda.
                I actually had this one specially made so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                  I dig it, overall, though I never understood the appeal of taking a well-balanced guitar with good upper fret access and destroying both of those traits. For a broke lefty, I can understand a righty flipped over, but the other way around...I dunno. That toploader is slick, however. I gotta try one of those. That body is GORGEOUS.
                  I always thought when Jimi Hendrix played his' Strats flipped, it gave those guitars a distinctive look. Everybody plays a Strat in the appropriate mode. I thought I'd shake it up a bit.

This...and something looks a bit out of alignment between the neck and the bridge. Can you take some tension off those screws and manhandle that neck into place?
                  You are right about the alignment and I'm working on that. Strange because I had Warmoth rout for this particular bridge.

Comment

Hey all, thanks for your input. I wanted something WAY different and the comments were the odd controls and the right hand Tele neck. Certainly sparks serious opinions and I appreciate them all. I really like a Tele headstock and the juxtaposition of a right hand neck and left hand body equates to a one-off look. So the guitar is as different as I am. Warmoth routed the holes for the Schaller bridge in the wrong place so I had to shift the pickguard and re-attach the bridge in the right position. I can post photos later if anyone is interested. This guitar, no matter if you like it or not, absolutely sounds incredible.

Comment

Are you sure that its Warmoth that made a mistake....I mean a lot of bridges align differently when you flip them righty to lefty. The screw holes for mounting might not necessarily align a RH bridge perfectly to a lefty centreline.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                        Ditto.

Now I think about it, yeah
                        Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                        you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Use the rollers on the bridge to move the strings a lil south. Not only do the saddles move forward and back but they also move side to side. Got a good local tech? That needs a setup

Great looker beyond that for sure though!
                          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                          Guitar to sound output:
                          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                            Are you sure that its Warmoth that made a mistake....I mean a lot of bridges align differently when you flip them righty to lefty. The screw holes for mounting might not necessarily align a RH bridge perfectly to a lefty centreline.
                            You're right! I forgot about that as a consideration. But the only thing about the Schaller is that they do not make a left and right hand bridge so, I believe, the bridge should be same used either way. I could be wrong. I never ha dissues before with Warmoth, they have always been spot-on.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I have already fixed the problem. I had to shift the bridge and the pickguard for the proper fit. I will post more photos later.

Comment

Working...
                              X