banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to get an acoustic (inexpensive stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get an acoustic (inexpensive stuff)

Acoustic players I need opinions on these. I'm looking at these:
    Yamaha C40 ($96)
    Yamaha CS40 ($133)
    Yamaha F310 ($136)
    Epiphone AJ100 ($143)
    Epiphone DR100 ($143)
    Epiphone AJ100CE ($190)
    Fender CD60 ($190)

The purpose behind getting one of these is to be able to play/practice at home without having to plug my SE Custom 24 or Godin Session electrics into the amp(or gt10). I don't have an acoustic & I always had a desire to get one after my first acoustic self destructed due to aging. These are either available at the local store or available on order basis. No used market & can't buy online(I'd rather not cause at this price range it's better to buy after trying).

I've always wanted a nylon string classical guitar but never got about to getting one. Now I'm strongly considering the cheapest of the bunch which would be the Yamaha C40. Anything to keep in mind about it, as in neck warping/poor glue/etc. stuff like that?Tone isn't a major concern, hopefully I can expect quality control & decent playability at this price range.

In a very rare and unlikely event would I consider getting the last two on the list. The AJ100CE is the only cutaway & the rest are normal acoustics, except for the first two Yamaha's which are nylon. But since the topic has come up, I wanted to ask about how is the quality control on the low end Epiphone & Fender acoustics. I've not played any of the ones in list but will try to get my hands on them tomorrow at the store.

So any thoughts?
    Last edited by Hank-; 12-09-2012, 10:13 AM.

Re: Need to get an acoustic (inexpensive stuff)

I can't speak for the Epiphones or the Fender, but I've owned a Yamaha acoustic for 5 years now, and it's still a great a guitar. It plays great and stays in tune nicely, and I think I paid maybe $150 for it new.
    Originally posted by Jimi Hendrix
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Comment

Re: Need to get an acoustic (inexpensive stuff)

Guitars really don't self destruct due to age. You have to look at what you are doing to take care of it. A guitar is made of wood and wood needs to be fed. It requires moisture and ocassionly some lemon oil. I kne this isn't what you asked for but you need to get a humidifier for your guitar and a hydrometer to monitor the guitar. I know this sounds like a lot of work for a inexpensive guitar but it will help your guitar stay in better playing condition

Now regarding the guitars. Yamaha makes pretty good guitars for the money I have One that I found In The trash because the bridge ripped off (see my earlier post). If at all possible try to invest in a solid wood guitar. They will improve with age and sound better. I would take a look at the Chinese made Guilds. These are really good guitars but they cost more then the Yamaha guitars do
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
      X