Epiphone ES-339 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone ES-339 pro

i just bought an ES-339 pro, it has 2 alnico classic pro humbuckers with push/pull coil-tapping. i want to replace the pickups for the sh-2 jazz model and the sh-4 jb model but i dont want to lose the coil-tapping feature. is it possible to keep that feature with the sh-2 and the sh-4?

Re: Epiphone ES-339 pro

Yes, assuming that you get the pickups with the 4 conductor cables and wire them the proper way on the existing pots.

I have a 339 and I've been thinking about adding a split option for a while. Enjoy the new guitar, they are fun!
    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

ok thanks a lot!

Comment

do you know if the sh-4 and the sh-2 have the 4 conductor cables that i need to make the coil-split?

Comment

You can get them with the 4 cables yes. If you are ordering, just make sure you specify that it's what you want. If you find it in store, you should be able to see if it's 4 cables or the braided conductor.

Also, pictures?
          - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

A standard off-the-shelf JB or Jazz will be 4-conductor - the Antiquity models are not.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
            X