No announcement yet.

Now, for a Little Strat Redesign Fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now, for a Little Strat Redesign Fun...

you could always get a custom axewrap for the pg
    6 pieces of wood with wires
    1 big box with a bunch of little glass bottles & 2 big round black things
    1 little red & white & black box with 2 little glass bottles that sits on
    a wood box with 2 big round black things.
    1 little black box with 2 slightly bigger black boxes under it.

Comment

I like it the way it is, I'd get a proper zebra and call it good.

Comment

hey Butch,

That's an awesome looking guitar as is. But if you decide to change it, I'd go with the aged pearl guard with cream covers.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

White Pearl guard w/black covers, bridge pickup, knobs and trem tip all the way!

Reminds me very much of my Yamaha copy:

Comment

I like it as is, but if you want a change how about a gold anodized one or a clear one painted on the backside in Gold or off white with matching flake?

Comment

I like the first pic the best. Pearloid looks a bit over the top on a sparkle finish. I like black guards a lot, but not on that guitar.

For the bridge, zebra, nickel, double cream, or reverse zebra all look good.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the votes and comments. I appreciate it. So far, my intent is to stay stock. I have a zebra Air Zone in the bridge position. It sounds incredible. I have it set to auto-split in the 2nd switch position. I do like the black guard/covers/knobs look; but this guitar's true color is a lighter/brighter orange than in the pics. Warmoth's finish is called Apricot flake. The pic of the Fender that's representing mine is darker in the first pic. It kinda reminds me of cinnamon toast .

Anyway, keep'em coming. Whatever I do, I'll post some pics.
                -Butch

Comment

I have that same guitar. I thought about replacing the stock 'bucker but instead changed the wiring so the tone knob now controls all pickups. That helped a ton.

As for your redesign, I'd also keep it stock. I'm not sure you're taking into account the look of that maple neck coming off the pickguard. They're similar in color now which gives it a nice, streamlined look. A black pickguard would ruin that. And anything pearloid is just hideous. Keeping everything subtle really makes the orange flake pop. Save your money and rock it as is IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamera View Post
                    I have that same guitar. I thought about replacing the stock 'bucker but instead changed the wiring so the tone knob now controls all pickups. That helped a ton.

As for your redesign, I'd also keep it stock. I'm not sure you're taking into account the look of that maple neck coming off the pickguard. They're similar in color now which gives it a nice, streamlined look. A black pickguard would ruin that. And anything pearloid is just hideous. Keeping everything subtle really makes the orange flake pop. Save your money and rock it as is IMHO.
                    I agree..... It seems that anything else besides stock just takes away from the "uniformness" of the whole thing. As far as the stock humbucker, I actually tried to get it from the guy from whom I got the Strat. I really liked the sound samples of it. traded itedit to someone who traded it to someone; so, I just installed the Air Zone. I think I could do better than the Air Zone; but so far, it sounds good.
                    -Butch

Comment

As is.
                      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                        Here's an honorable mention. If you were to go pearloid, I'd probably choose this one because the hue is close to orange like the orange flake. It seems more warmer than the white perloid.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36136[/ATTACH]
                        gotta love that aged pearl. matches the orange very well.
                        "Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman

Comment

Working...
                        X