Yamaha FS700S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FS700S?

This is a relatively new spruce top / nato side / back auditorium sized acoustic. They've had the FS720S for a while, but in line with their FG dread series the 700 model leaves out some trim items.

The FS720 is selling for $279, the FS700 drops the price of admission to $199 with the lesser trim.

I have a Seagull S6 (cedar top / cherry) so I think this will be a nice complimentary addition.

Anyone have any experience with the Yammy FS's?
    Last edited by AniML; 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM.

Re: Yamaha FS700S?

They're pretty great guitars. I sell the heck out them at GC. For 200 bucks there's really nothing better. But I can't say it would be different enough from the S6 to justify needing both. The S6 is great too. The cordoba C3 is a nice nylon string for the same price. But if you like it go for it!
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Re: Yamaha FS700S?

Spricket, I'm looking at it mainly for the smaller size, but also I'm wanting something a bit brighter. The seagull is pretty warm given the cedar top and deep body

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X