Should I sell my prs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I sell my prs?

If you think you might some day come back around to it, I would not sell it. If you have decided that it really isn't your thing any more, and likely never will be, I'd sell it, or do what Gearjoneser suggested.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
      IMO the CU22 and CE 22 are the worst PRS ever made, and I've seen them sit around forever with no one buying them. They were basically a poor mans Dragon- they came with Dragon pickups, which tend to be muddy, and anyone wanting a 22 fret neck pickup tone is likely to get a McCarty instead, which has a thicker body and better pickups, for a more vintage tone. The 22 fretters have that huge neck heel as well. They were IMO a mistake that was cured when the McCartys came out.
      On the plus side, the 22 fret models lack the dead spots that can be issues on the 24s. Also, I find it a lot harder to get the tone I want from the neck pickup on a 24 fret guitar. It's not because of some BS about harmonic nodes, just that the pickup on a 22 is farther from the bridge so it has a mellower sound. It's not impossible for me to get a sound that I like but my pickup selection becomes more limited.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Do it. I had one, and LOVED it for a while, and then completely fell out of love with it. Hard. Sold it and bought something else, and I couldn't be happier.
        - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by jaybonitrane View Post
          Buy whatever makes you happy and sell whatever you don't need.
          +1.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
          X