banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar pickup magnets - where to buy wholesale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar pickup magnets - where to buy wholesale?

Looking to make a large purchase.

PM's would be appreciated.

Don't worry - I have no interest in winding my own pickups or anything like that.

But I would like to have an inventory of popular guitar pickup magnets on hand.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lewguitar; 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Re: Guitar pickup magnets - where to buy wholesale?

Talk to Dennis at Addiction FX. I've bought dozens of mags from him. You're not going to get true wholesale unless you're buying hundreds of them; I suspect your needs may not be so ambitious.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

only place I know of is addiction-fx.com
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Many thanks! Seymour has generously provided info on purchasing guitar pickup magnets in bulk as well:

Q: Who are some of the magnet suppliers?

A: I often get called and asked where do you get your magnets. Well, I use various venders for many types of magnets that we use. To find a magnet supplier or fabricator it is best to look a source book called “The Thomas Register” and you can find them usually in libraries. In the books you will find a great source of many products and supplies. Look for a supplier of magnets in your area and you can usually visit them or get samples. There are less and less mills that manufacture the actual rod and bar magnet and you can find fabricators that will cut and grind a magnet to your specification.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
        X