check out this fret work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this fret work

I am in the market for a neck for my tele project. I came across this neck and Id like opinions on the fretwork. Does it appear to be good quality work? (bottom neck in the picture)Click image for larger version

Name:	fretwork.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	5826168

Re: check out this fret work

It looks about as neat as you could expect, not a mark on them. I'd want a good close look though - from that angle, you can't tell whether the frets are properly seated. It does look rather a nice piece of work though.
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I found it via ebay . ceg hardtails does the work. for 130 bucks you get a mighty mite neck that is leveled crowned and dressed by hand.

Comment

That's a pretty good deal. I'd rather hear that they slip a little thin CA into each fret slot to lock the frets down first. Their fret level will only hold unless/until the frets move in their slots. Otherwise the fret tops seem great, like they're buffed on a wheel.
        Last edited by frankfalbo; 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

i assume mighty mite does not do that when they put the frets in the neck?

Comment

Those are very nice...better than MightyMite
            Originally posted by longcat
            either way...cracker-y goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybonitrane View Post

It is a mighty mite neck. Just had a pro do the fret dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybonitrane View Post

It is a mighty mite neck. Just had a pro do the fret dressing.

Comment

The fret ends look rounded very nice...not too much filing, nicely polished.

$130 for a nice looking birdseye maple neck and a great fret job seems like a steal to me. I'd certainly go for that. I usually do all my fretwork myself, but that job at that price would certainly tempt me.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The quality of the fretwork on the stock Mighty Mite necks as of recent has been very good IMHO.

$130 for a birdseye Mighty Mite with a pro fret job seems like a no brainer to me. : )
                    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I donŽt know about current MM production, but as far as that pic goes the only thing I can clearly see is that the bottom neck has frets that were obviously polished wheras the upper one does not.

Now get me a macro pic of the fret ends and IŽll tell you where all the mistakes are and how they could have been avoided.

But 130 bucks for a neck is generally a good deal, especially if you can get away with not having the frets dressed, something that SHOULD be taken as a given that it needs to be done anyway
                      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Exactly my thoughts and even with super expensive warmoth you still have to have them dressed

Comment

Working...
                        X