X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster Bridge/ Saddle Advice

Hi all,

Bit of a little bug bear.

Chris of Arabia kindly sent me some brass saddles which I will somehow utilise on my Chord Telecaster copy.

The brass saddles came from a fender Baja telecaster. the saddles are fully round and not D shaped like some are. The screws with the brass saddles are of a different thread width, screw width and length, being shorter than the tighter threaded longer screws that came with the stock saddles.

This means that I need to use the Screws that came with the Baja saddles with the Baja saddles themselves. Fine not a problem.

What I have a problem with is, the holes where the saddle screws go through the bridge is smaller than the new screws.

I have two questions:

- should I just drill out the screw holes that little bit more to allow the screws and is it safe to do this?

- My guitar and a baja have the same scale length, however my tele has 22 frets opposed to 21. the screws are not as long as the stock screws, am I safe to use these saddles with this bridge or not? I am scred the intonation will be permof***ed.
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Re: Telecaster Bridge/ Saddle Advice

I am not completely following you here but it sounds like you just need a different set of saddle screws.

You could drill out the bridge if you want to but new screws is going to be a lot easier in the end.

As for the intonation that is based on scale length not number of frets and since your guitar has adjustable intonation it won't matter anyway...just set the intonation like you would on any other guitar.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
    X